Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I struggle to believe this has to be spelt out to people. He's not a 'fan', he wasn't born here, he worked for us for a period. Hopefully we will remain in his heart, but I suspect he has a wife and family to provide for. He wasn't going to be employed by BHA FC for the rest of his life. His emotion was clear for all to see on his final appearance, is that not enough?
I'm not so sure. I'm sure some people would've heard that quote from him and believed that he would remain loyal to Brighton and Hove's finest until the day he died. Rather than, "I'll always have fond memories of the club and what it has given me. I've loved my time here and will never forget the staff, players and supporters," which is more akin to what he was really saying/thinking.

It's funny how people love/adore others, right up until they do something wrong – and then they seem to do a swift 180° with their opinions :lolol:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
A decent article in the Athletic by Sebastian Stafford-Bloor.

The last couple of paragraphs:

No wonder Hurzeler caught Brighton’s eye. There are doubts, clearly. St Pauli’s training ground is so close to Hamburg airport that it was prohibited for his staff to fly drones during training sessions. The ultra-slick world of the Premier League it is not. And while Hurzeler’s age is no barrier, his temperament and fiery disposition will have to be curbed.

It is not a surprise that he is getting this opportunity. It was not expected to arrive so soon, though, or to come at such a high level. But that has been said before.

The Athletic - Fabian Hurzeler, set to be Brighton’s new head coach
Never mind plane spotting or flying drones at the training ground. A pre season friendly at the Millentor is what is needed as part of the deal. The stadium is literally next to the Reeperbahn. The club shop is even amongst all the *ahem* 'entertainment facilities.'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I don’t recall this.

He was under contract so the club would have to have sacked him. Im sure they would have found him a job somewhere.
Barber mentioned they couldn’t promise him a new role under a new manager on a podcast (can’t remember which one unfortunately!).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You know when he said "Once a Seagull, always a Seagull", he wasn't *actually* saying he would stay with the club for the rest of his life, right?

The guy was offered a promotion and he took it. Good on him!
I'm glad you said this... "Sorry Graham, I know you're offering me a massive, massive pay rise to join you at the current European Champions but I said "once a seagull, always a seagull" two years ago and I'm afraid some fans took that a bit too literally. Turns out I can't ever leave"

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If this works it will be 3 times in a row lucks got to run out sometime??
3? Bloom has hired Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia, Hughton, Potter and RDZ in his tenure. 5/6 successes probably indicates a) that luck doesn't really play a part and b) that Bloom learns from his mistakes.

Hyypia proves that nobody is infallible, but Hyypia also had David Burke, no money, neither of his preferred assistants, a squad Paddy McCourt, Chris O'Grady, Nzuzi Toko and a slew of totally inept loanees (Teixeira excepted)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pinching other clubs’ managers in these circumstances just doesn’t sit well with me. May be it’s a moral issue for me and my dislike of what football has become.
What do you suggest we do? Find an unemployed one down the Job Centre?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Excellent re. Gross - Had a feeling he could be encouraged to stay under FH - he’ll be an important player for his versatility in what will be a positionally fluid system..

Maybe negotiations are tough and complicated down to lack of release clause? - SP also maybe trying to sort out what support staff they are prepared to release too - FH support staff have been with the Club a long time as he only took over from Shultz 18 months ago. I guess there may be other addons - didn’t we negotiate future performance payments from Chelsea when we released Potter?

Not worried - surely anything that is a dealbreaker will have been sorted by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here