Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Never warmed to Murray and never thought he warmed to Brighton fans. Noticed when we played Roma at home he never looked in the direction of the Northstand when they were singing his name pre match.
On the plus side, unlike pretty well every past player who is a co commentator on matches involving his old team, Glenn is annoyingly unbiased on Albion games :lolol:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
No, but that doesn’t mean that I am comfortable with it. That’s my point about what football has become.
How would you feel then about other forms of employment? Valuable people get head hunted all the time, and in some cases take their staff with them. It’s accepted however disruptive or disliked it is. It seems that only in football do some people bear some emotional grudge when it happens.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The fact that he joined the exodus knowing how it might have affected the club having been here ten years is my gripe. Yes I understand he wanted more money but I’m a Brighton fan and make no apology for being unreasonable about my feelings. Other opinions are equally as valid.
He also said “once a seagull…”. He was a great servant to the club but to say this as then bugger off when the first offer came sours this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rubbish. Bloom or PB said that he can't guarantee him a job. It was down to the next manager and if he brought all and sundry with him there would be no place for Bruno.
I don’t recall this.

He was under contract so the club would have to have sacked him. Im sure they would have found him a job somewhere.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I've seen this argument put forward several times and it doesn't chime with me. Andrew Crofts moved up into the role that Bruno vacated and I'd have presumed that, had he not gone, that role would have been Bruno's and Crofty would have stayed with the U21s. I also get the impression that RDZ would have loved him. He would have probably joined RDZ, Lallana and Gross as part of the cadre of total obsessives that I've heard Dunk joking about and Lallana referencing.
big difference is this.....Bruno was offered a job on Potters team and had no guarantee of a place on the new managers team......whereas .......Crofts was NOT offered a job on Potters team and was asked to do an interim role without a guarantee of a place on the new managers team but a good indication that he could go back to the U23s.

Bruno made the only decision he could.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Pinching other clubs’ managers in these circumstances just doesn’t sit well with me. May be it’s a moral issue for me and my dislike of what football has become.
I would vote for a manager window so you cannot screw someone else mid season, at least it's during the break

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
True, “once a Seagull” was bollocks, he was just ingratiating himself. Hence my opinion also that he is a snake. I won’t be happy to see him back.
You know when he said "Once a Seagull, always a Seagull", he wasn't *actually* saying he would stay with the club for the rest of his life, right?

The guy was offered a promotion and he took it. Good on him!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Bruno has more top level managerial experience than young Hurzeler..

Really hope this appointment isn't a disaster, he will need an experienced coaching team with a lot of support from the club which we know will be forthcoming. It's a gamble from TB alright but he's usually quite good at those, fingers crossed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Never warmed to Murray and never thought he warmed to Brighton fans. Noticed when we played Roma at home he never looked in the direction of the Northstand when they were singing his name pre match.
Listening to the club's official podcast might make you feel better. Muzza very often says "We" and "Us" when talking about the club.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Bruno has more top level managerial experience than young Hurzeler..

Really hope this appointment isn't a disaster, he will need an experienced coaching team with a lot of support from the club which we know will be forthcoming. It's a gamble from TB alright but he's usually quite good at those, fingers crossed.
Yep, hoping he's a Roberto or Gus.
Not a Sami

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
You know when he said "Once a Seagull, always a Seagull", he wasn't *actually* saying he would stay with the club for the rest of his life, right?

The guy was offered a promotion and he took it. Good on him!
I struggle to believe this has to be spelt out to people. He's not a 'fan', he wasn't born here, he worked for us for a period. Hopefully we will remain in his heart, but I suspect he has a wife and family to provide for. He wasn't going to be employed by BHA FC for the rest of his life. His emotion was clear for all to see on his final appearance, is that not enough?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here