Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
THIS IS (pretty much) DONE

So

And This is a good podcast on St Pauli's season last year

Here's a comment from @attila

and confirmation this morning that its all but done from Romano (yes i know some of you are FR sceptics !!)

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
another tactcial analysis of St Pauli don't think this one's been shared on here yet https://adamfc5.substack.com/p/fc-st-pauli-europes-most-in-form
Thanks. Not posted before, no.

One of the aspects for me, in considering his likability (apart from the football tactical analytics of course) was that he took over and motivated a squad and the fans that had had very similar set backs to us - RDZ did that after we were gutted losing Potter, but losing Caicedo and Mackie seemed to be a challenge that both RDZ and the fans struggled to overcome all through his tenure:

From your link:
“Having lost key personnel in the summer, and now the manager before Christmas, St. Pauli fans feared the worst when the club announced that a fresh-faced 29-year-old would be charged with tackling the notoriously difficult Zweite Bundesliga relegation battle.”

But instead of looking back, he adapted, motivated and took SP from the edge of relegation in the 2.Bundesliga when he took over from Schultz before Christmas of 2022/3 after a disastrous first half of the season and got them to 5th place. In 2023/24 he won the 2.Bundesliga, securing SP a promotion back into the Bundesliga after an 11 year absence by playing with consistency and the best defensive game in the 2.Liga and the 3rd best attacking game.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I haven't checked to see whether anyone else has voiced this concern about Hurzeler but we are told that he's a disciple of RDZ. If correct he comes to us intent on implementing a system which has been totally sussed by every premier League team as evidenced by our post Roma form so lets hope he's got a Plan B and a plan C up his sleeve or else there could be trouble ahead!!

albionalba

Football with optimism
NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2023
sadly in Scotland
I am loving "the league table is just a snapshot" said in a German accent in that SP tweet.....probably we'll get that in a press conference around November......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I haven't checked to see whether anyone else has voiced this concern about Hurzeler but we are told that he's a disciple of RDZ. If correct he comes to us intent on implementing a system which has been totally sussed by every premier League team as evidenced by our post Roma form so lets hope he's got a Plan B and a plan C up his sleeve or else there could be trouble ahead!!
Saw a pretty in-depth analysis of Hurzeler's tactics in We Are Brighton. Confirms he does indeed have a fully-formed Plan B. And here it is (somewhere near the bottom of the piece)

At last a use for all my ancient St Pauli shirts at the back of my wardrobe

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Anyone know enough about Bundesliga 2 to know what the predictions were for how St Pauli would do last season? Was the league title expected or them over achieving? & did they out spend others to do it?

kelvinnewman

Aug 17, 2023
My only slight tactical concern from what I’ve read so far is re mitoma.

From what I’ve read seems he makes use of more “inside forwards” than conventional wingers. I could see this working a treat for Enciso, Facundo, Pedro and Adringa (plus Osman) but does that mean it’s Karou vs Pervis and Colo for the lwb?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here