Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Pep, I reckon, with 3 out of 3 wins.
It's not that simple. Established manager with best squad in the world playing Chelsea, Ipswich and West Ham.

v.

Brand new to the Prem manager, very young manager and a squad still evolving playing Everton, Man United and Arsenal (where virtually no one took a point home last season).

Close, but I'd give it to Fabian.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Potter got a new 6 year contract after only a few months at the club. Fab could be heading the same way if things continue as they are.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Its a cake because its a cake. Cakes go hard when stale, biscuits go soft. Jaffa cakes go hard.
I think we will have a shit start to the season, but as the players get fitter and understand the tactics more, we will go on a run second half of the season
Too much cake and not enough confidence in the squad and new manager perhaps 😎

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Ayari spoke with some Swedish Youtube football show a day before the Arsenal game:

Ayari on the difference between De Zerbi and Hurzeler:

"Tactically I wouldn't say there's a big difference, just small things, but when it comes to the training it is a unbelievable difference. With De Zerbi it was only tactical training, one hour per day and then you were done. Now we stand there for two and half hours and just go. Really German training, run as much as you can and that kind of stuff. Its a big difference."

Is it more fun?

"Of course its more fun to play football for two and a half hours but... both are good, both work."

You're kind of an intense player who likes to run a lot. For you it was maybe a positive change?

Exactly. I think you're saying it well, I like playing intense, aggressive football. I'm happy he came in and changed things.

Some other stuff from the interview:
Ayari says you can't notice that Hurzeler is young except he "still has a funny side to him".
Mentions that players sit with analytics team after the every game to review what they did and what they can do better - kind of expected, but cool to hear.
Says he thinks Joao Pedro is the best player in the team.

Interesting about the training part. One hour tactical training sounds like something that slowly melts your brain. Two and a half hour sessions though... bit unusual as well I'd say.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So two yellows in three matches for Fab Fabian….one wonders what he has said ….when u look at the antics Pep gets away with on the sidelines
He didn't get booked against Crawley for anything HE did or said. He got booked because of Crofts' altercation with the opposition at the final whistle. If the bench are out of line, the rule is that the manager takes the yellow for 'failing to control; them.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I was just wondering if this could possibly be the first ever coach with a mother that some of us might fancy?
(I haven't seen a pic yet, but I bet she's only in her fifties)
Think that's her from 4 years ago.
Is that biscuit or cake for you?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240902_173659_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240902_173659_Chrome.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 33

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
An hours technical training under RDZ? No wonder we fell off a cliff last season if the players had no fitness and we got loads of injuries

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting about the training part. One hour tactical training sounds like something that slowly melts your brain. Two and a half hour sessions though... bit unusual as well I'd say.
I'm sure I've posted on here before that, within the club last season, there was a concern that De Zerbi's training methods were responsible, at least in part, for our horrendous injury list.

And not because players were overtrained, but they did too little intense physical training and just weren't fully equipped for the rigours of the grind of Premier League football.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm sure I've posted on here before that, within the club last season, there was a concern that De Zerbi's training methods were responsible, at least in part, for our horrendous injury list.

And not because players were overtrained, but they did too little intense physical training and just weren't fully equipped for the rigours of the grind of Premier League football.
As with Bielsa at Leeds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here