Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jun 12, 2024
The were 2nd favourites @ 4/1 to win the Title behind city rivals Hamburg SV who were 3/1
So not that unexpected amongst the bookmaking fraternity
We were placed high because of the run we had under Hürzeler the season before. But from which time are these figures? There were two heavy weight relegated teams with Schalke and Hertha BSC. During pre-season those were the favorited teams for promotion.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I can’t see them having a budget close to ours can they? How will they match his ambition?
They've spent almost €200m in the last two seasons. They're owned by a remarkably rich American who has been able to regularly turn down offers from Saudi Arabia. Deloitte note them as having the 20th biggest footballing revenue in the world. You're mad if you think we have a massive budget compared to the best supported club in France.

Quite obviously the issue wasn't about how much we spent in the transfer market anyway it was about our wage budget, which is an area where Marseille will undoubtedly match his ambition. We are one of the lowest payers in the Premier League, it's why we sign young talent and players at the end of their careers. Our model isn't really set up to pay players at their peak, Marseille's model is.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
They've spent almost €200m in the last two seasons. They're owned by a remarkably rich American who has been able to regularly turn down offers from Saudi Arabia. Deloitte note them as having the 20th biggest footballing revenue in the world. You're mad if you think we have a massive budget compared to the best supported club in France.

Quite obviously the issue wasn't about how much we spent in the transfer market anyway it was about our wage budget, which is an area where Marseille will undoubtedly match his ambition. We are one of the lowest payers in the Premier League, it's why we sign young talent and players at the end of their careers. Our model isn't really set up to pay players at their peak, Marseille's model is.
Their wage bill is about the same as ours if online reports are to be believed...... But that will go a long way in France.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Their wage bill is about the same as ours if online reports are to be believed...... But that will go a long way in France.
It depends where you're looking. Capology isn't a good guide.

Aubameyang is not a player we could ever afford to employ. There is Roberto's issue solved.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Well, first of all i have been reading here in this quite "nice" forum since the beginning when FH rumours started and i want to give you a little inside report of the story.
Many of you try to find the right pronunciation for his name. My advise: keep it simple use Fab and "The Hurtz".
In general as a St. Pauli supporter it's sad to see him go and many of us can't believe that he blew an excellent chance to keep St. Pauli in Bundesliga 1.
Of course to work in PL is his designated goal but why not continue his job here with like 2 more years and then move on?
In my eyes this past season was the best one i have witnessed in 40 years of St. Pauli fandom.

Public heavyweights like Ulli Hoeness told everyone, that Bayer Leverkusen and FC St. Pauli play the best style in german football.
Be aware that 20th of may we celebrated going up with FH being in the center of the big party. See some Images.
So three weeks later he is gone!
In my eyes he is a fantastic and modern football nerd but also driven by a capitalistic player management company "Roof".
It took from September to March 2024 to settle the new contract and the main issue was he could get out of the new contract whenever he wanted to to so.
Thanks to our manager Bornemann this was not accepted.
Not very likely but possible:
Maybe in one year they choose to quit his contract and move on to Chelsea?

I am sure he can compete in PL successfully as a manager (in Germany this profession is called coach and our manager is Andreas Bornemann) but his style of playing needs automatisms and time to explain it in detail to the players. Will he have that in Brighton?
FH was announced a assistant to popular coach Timo Schultz July 2020 and led bigger parts of the daily training sessions, so when Schultz got sacked he was the perfect choice to continue what he initiated. He didn't change much but had a dream start with 10 victories in a row.
It is very obvious to see is that he is excellent in developing our individual players, plus he is a key factor for signing talented young players.
With him St. Pauli is very attractive for new players.
He is very professional and the press conferences are far away from being boring.

I could write much more but sure we (all) will follow the upcoming steps at Brighton. The upcoming season I will start to watch PL season again after a longer break.
St Pauli has always been my German team of choice..... how could a Brighton-bred boy choose otherwise?

(nicked from wikipedia) '

"Kult" phenomenon[edit]​

It was in the mid-1980s that St Pauli's transition from a standard traditional club into a "Kult" club began. The club was also able to turn the location of its ground in the dock area part of town, near Hamburg's famous Reeperbahn – centre of the city's night life and its red-light district – to its advantage. An alternative fan scene slowly emerged, built around left-leaning politics, social activism and the event and party atmosphere of the club's matches. St Pauli became the first team in Germany to officially ban right-wing nationalist activities and displays in its stadium during a period of fascist-inspired football hooliganism across Europe.[14] In 1981, the team was averaging small crowds of only 1,600 spectators, but by the late 1990s they were frequently selling out their entire 20,000-capacity ground.[15]

The club's official skull and crossbones symbol on a supporter flag
Supporters adopted the skull and crossbones as their own unofficial emblem in the 1980s.[16] Although precise details are uncertain, the story goes that named "Doc Mabuse", a singer in a Hamburg punk band, nailed a Jolly Roger flag to a broomstick and brought it to the Millerntor-Stadion.[16] The original flag featured a skull with pirate eyepatch. Inspired, other fans began to bring similar flags to matches.[17] In 1989, Hamburg screenprinter Steph Braun created an image combining a detailed representation of a skull (taken from an anatomy textbook) with the words "ST. PAULI" underneath. Intended to represent the area itself, and sold in various record shops around the district, Braun's graphic was adopted by St Pauli fans and came to be seen as specifically associated with the club.[17][18]

In the early 1990s, the media in Germany began to recognize the Kult-image of the club, focusing on the punk part of the fan-base in TV broadcasts of the matches.[citation needed] By this time, the media also started to establish nicknames like "Freibeuter der Liga" ("Buccaneers of the League") as well as the satirical "das Freudenhaus der Liga" ("Brothel of the League", literally "House of Joy").[citation needed] The club itself realized the potential and in September 1999 bought the rights to Steph Braun's skull and crossbones graphic, making it an official club logo.[17][18]

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Fair enough. I stand corrected. Thanks.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I like this

We've got a brand new Fah-bian Hurzeler
He came from Germany half Swiss half American

over to you for next line

We've got a brand new Fah-bian Hurlzeler
He came from Germany
An' we'll win the league together
In Sussex by the Sea

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Tired Come On GIF by Liverpool FC

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We've got a brand new Fah-bian Hurlzeler
He came from Germany
An' we'll win the league together
In Sussex by the Sea
I still can’t work out how the “brand new” bit scans (or any of those other lines, to be fair).
Does everyone else use a different tune to me? :shrug:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I still can’t work out how the “brand new” bit scans (or any of those other lines, to be fair).
Does everyone else use a different tune to me? :shrug:
Are you listening to the Wurzels?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here