Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fabian Hürzeler **SINGED 15/06/2024**

Would Fabian Hurzeler be a good replacement for RDZ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I don’t think we need a manager installed to identify players / administrate behind the scenes however from the incoming players point of view, knowing who you are working with, their style, the likelihood of featuring in the first eleven has to be significantly important in deciding to join us or someone else

As a player it helps to know who the manager is, but unless there’s a massive pre-existing personality clash between coach and player, it’s more important that the player knows the style of football being played.

For example, one of the tactics videos for Hürzeler suggests he plays at times with no midfield, but that hasn’t led to Groß, Milner, Hinshelwood, Buanonotte, Moder, Gilmour and Baleba all handing in transfer requests.

An out and out old-school full-back might look at a team that plays attacking wing-backs and not see a place for themselves, but then would the club be looking to bring such a player in?

I’d argue that for us to bring a player in, we either see potential in them to play for us, or we see potential to develop them, loan them out and sell them on.

The player gets developed, the club make a profit, we still win even if they don’t develop in a way that fits our first team.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
My understanding of the ü is that it translates into a ue sound. Hopefully someone can correct me if that’s wrong.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
As he's German, it would be Fah-bian, i think. Surname, not a clue.

We've got a brand new Fah-bian Hurzeler...

(someone complete the lyrics please)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Little ditty, nicked from Sham 69

Hurzeler boys, Hurzler boys
Stone Island jackets and corduroys
Hurzeler boys, Hurzeler boys
Brighton lads are the real Mccoy

or

Hurzeler boys, Hurzler boys
Dry robe coats and corduroys
Hurzeler boys, Hurzeler boys