Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fa cup......unwanted distraction????

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Would like to get to at least the third round. I still haven't been to Goodison. I got one wish last year going to Villa, now I want Everton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's arguments both ways but, on balance, I think you have to give the competition your best shot.

If you want to get Sussex people interested in coming to Falmer in 2011/12 then a good cup run with one or two notable scalps along the way will do wonders for marketing the club.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
There's arguments both ways but, on balance, I think you have to give the competition your best shot.

If you want to get Sussex people interested in coming to Falmer in 2011/12 then a good cup run with one or two notable scalps along the way will do wonders for marketing the club.

Exactly

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
People can intellectualise this as much as they want but they are just wrong.
The FA Cup is one of THE GREAT SPORTING COMPETIONS in the world. To not take it seriously would be a travesty.
I also think it's a little partonising to our staff and players to suggest they couldnt cope with a few extra games, especially given we're out of JPT and the Carling whatever it's called.

I hate cup competitions and always want us out of all of them asap. My reason for this is that I see no point in wasting time on something we can't win. However, this season I genuinely think (draw permitting) we could get to the latter stages. We've seen teams like Millwall and Cardiff make the final with a favourable draw in recent years. There is no reason why, with similar luck, we couldn't get to at least the last eight.

Sir, YOU ARE AN ARSE !

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Love the cup (Can't go Sat though, bad fan) and hope we beat Woking get a nice draw in the next round avoid any replays and get a top team in the 3rd round. Last year was top

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
Hope to make it to 3rd round, away draw at a premier league team, get lots of money and then be knocked out.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
People can intellectualise this as much as they want but they are just wrong.
The FA Cup is one of THE GREAT SPORTING COMPETIONS in the world. To not take it seriously would be a travesty.
I also think it's a little partonising to our staff and players to suggest they couldnt cope with a few extra games, especially given we're out of JPT and the Carling whatever it's called.
'cup'.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Two nice home ties against non league opposition, give some of the squad a game. Then a third round tie against Palace at Selhurst and bash um up big style. Then go out to Arsenal at the Emirates, after giving them a scare will suit me fine!

Ben_WFC

Oct 24, 2010
Funny you should say that. We are aiming for 2 comfortable wins against league 1 sides, then give Stevenage a beating in the 3rd round followed by going out in a replay at the Emirates :)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The FA Cup will never be an unwanted distraction, still the best football competition in the world. Let get to the 3rd round and do Liverpool at Anfield just like 1983..

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
It's a no brainer.as it stands we are highest ranked team in the f.a cup.
Let's not be the team making the headlines on Saturday night because we have been beaten by a team 3 leagues below us.winning is a habit & so is losing,I know what habit I prefer.
If we draw palace in the 3rd round will we be so eager to get knocked out.

It's a no brainer.as it stands we are highest ranked team in the f.a cup.
Let's not be the team making the headlines on Saturday night because we have been beaten by a team 3 leagues below us.winning is a habit & so is losing,I know what habit I prefer.
If we draw palace in the 3rd round will we be so eager to get knocked out.

No, but you will have to live with it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's a ridiculous post. Someone disagree's so chuck out the pathetic superfan card. No one is saying those were not fantastic days out. I'd love to see how we fare against a side from a higher division.

However, remeber what happend against Northampton, even with a weak team, we lost Navarro for most the season and Sparrow got a 3 match ban. I'd rather not take that risk because however good those games above were, I'd rather be playing Championship football next season.

Alternatively get to the third round, make £1/2 million with a good away draw and put that money towards strengthening the squad next season.

I NEVER want the Albion to lose, and never will, unless it meant that we relegated Palace of course....

Alternatively get to the third round, make £1/2 million with a good away draw and put that money towards strengthening the squad next season.

I NEVER want the Albion to lose, and never will, unless it meant that we relegated Palace of course....

Your squad is doing all right in league one. Why would you need to change it next season? You could challenge for league one promotion again - you might even make the play offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here