Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fa cup draw

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I hope we are not one of the live games. We have a tendancy to perform shit when this happens.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
"No matches shall be played by the applicant at the Stadium on Saturday afternoons in December except on the first Saturday of the month"

Does this mean we can't play on Saturdays in December after Christmas?

If so somebody had better tell the Club as we're playing Carlisle on Saturday 30th December.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just as a word of caution.........I well remember beating Wisbech Town 10-1 in the first round FA Cup 41 years ago, then Southend in the league 9-1 the next game......the following home game was Bedford Town in the 2nd Round at the goldstone.....huge crowd turned up for another goal feast.......result;....we just about scraped a 1-1 draw.......lost the replay 2-1.....!!!!!

Last edited:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Maidenheads just up the road from me, would expect them to bring around 500. Decent non-league side who now have most of the Yeading team which done so well a few years back. Fancy them to win the replay, might even go along.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
y2dave said:
Maidenheads just up the road from me, would expect them to bring around 500. Decent non-league side who now have most of the Yeading team which done so well a few years back. Fancy them to win the replay, might even go along.

your a bit confident

1066gull

So we got 16k for winning the first round and 13k for being shown live on MOTD?

That is 29k for the first round, nice!!!!!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*slightly confident* :) c'mon Albion,don't let us down.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I will be happy with a 1 - 0 win and then an away tie to a premiership side but knowing our luck we will et drawn at home to somebody like Charlton. In fact any home tie is a killer for the third round we need an away tie for the money.

BHA links said:
Does this mean we can't play on Saturdays in December after Christmas?

If so somebody had better tell the Club as we're playing Carlisle on Saturday 30th December.
Good point!

When I managed the Withdean Shoppers' Park & Ride Service (on behalf of East Sussex County Council), the BUSIEST DAY OF THE WHOLE YEAR was the Saturday AFTER Christmas. New Year Sales and all that.

I can well understand why the City Council don't want Saturday afternoon football in December.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Lord Bracknell said:
Currently 16th in the British Gas Business Southern League - Premier Division

http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/

Which is of course the same league in which you'll find England's TRUE Man United: the mighty Red Devils themselves, Mangotsfield United. :clap:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
empire said:
dont let the glory boys win

Am I a glory boy then? :ohmy:

Didn't go saturday, not going to round two game, but I'll be there if we get a decent team away....

But then I have been to Hull on a friday night, Blackpool during the petrol crisis, Scunnie/Hartlepool/Halifax, etc on a wintery mid week night so perhaps I have 'earnt' my dues to cherry pick my games this season?

Don't make silly comments Empire, people don't go to Withdean for a variety of reasons and you shouldn't knock fans who come out for the big games. If you are on the ball you should never not get a ticket for a big match, people lose out because they are slow off the mark to apply :rave: :rave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here