Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

fa cup draw

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can see the main live game being Salisbury against Notts Forest. Met a Pompey fan at the game I was at yesterday, he mentioned having been to a few matches at Salisbury and described them as Scum Reserves. They are managed by an ex Saints player, Nicky Holmes, he clearly has a fair few contacts at Southampton and is using them to good effect.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I see Maidenhead managed to get a 1-1 draw with 9 men away to Stafford.

What division are they in? appears they aren't in Conference or Conference South or North?!?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
A good draw, as long as we don't all kid ourselves into thinking we're guarenteed 10 goals!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I hope we who went to the game yesterday get priority seating arrangements on production of our stubs, I don't want glory hunters usurping me from my lucky seat :angry:

Of course season ticket holders :bowdown: :bowdown: should get priority.

:lolol:

Last edited:

saafend_seagull said:
I see Maidenhead managed to get a 1-1 draw with 9 men away to Stafford.

What division are they in? appears they aren't in Conference or Conference South or North?!?
Currently 16th in the British Gas Business Southern League - Premier Division

http://www.southern-football-league.co.uk/

They get an average crowd of 239 for HOME games. God knows how many away supporters they would bring to Withdean. The Stafford Rangers official website had this to say about them before yesterday's game: "The visitors will be backed by a big following of over 150 fans".

:)

Last edited:

maidstoneseagull

Jul 21, 2004
Maidstone
It is unlikely we will be on bbc as there policy is to pick non league at home to league and Salisbury v Forest lends itself nicely there. Sky on the other might fancy it...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
John Boy said:
I expect Stafford will win the replay anway. I wonder how many they will bring down from Staffordshire?
8.gif

:lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fantastic draw there, but I'll "unfortunately" be in the Canaries.

Really looking forward to a nice third round, wouldn't Chelsea away be great.

Lord Bracknell said:
Hmmm ...

The Albion don't have planning permission to play games at Withdean on Saturday afternoons in December.

It'll have to be the Friday evening, Saturday at 7.45pm, Sunday or Monday.

Personally I'd prefer the Saturday evening.
My apologies. I'm WRONG about this.

:shootself

The exact words of the current planning restriction are these:-

"No matches shall be played by the applicant at the Stadium on Saturday afternoons in December except on the first Saturday of the month"

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
John Boy said:
I expect Stafford will win the replay anway. I wonder how many they will bring down from Staffordshire?

I would reckon more than Northwich, in the region of 500.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here