Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
We are in a pretty unique position of it a pretty much win-win situation with regards to the draw.

If we get Wednesday, Crawley or possibly Notts County then we have an excellent chance of making the Quarter-Finals...Drawing a Championship club again would give our players another test of coming up against the sort of teams we should hopefully be playing next season, plus it will be like them gaining 'Championship experience'...Finally, if we get a Premier League team we can have a nice big game. The only downside would be is we get Wigan/Bolton or Stoke away as that will be pretty uninspiring.

Another advantage to look at is with there being 8 ties and usually 4 televised games we will have a 50-50 chance of being on the telly.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Arsenal will play more of the first team than in previous years as Wenger knows they have to win something.
They've played strong teams in the last two rounds... having seen them both I reckon we'd stand a chance up there. :ohmy:

Alyhough they'd get at least one penalty for f*** all seemingly.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Van der Saar, Patrice Evra, Enmanda vidic, Rioooooooo, Raphael, Michael Carrick, Paul Scholes. Naaaaaaani,Ryan Giggs, Berbatov, Rooooooooney............................. your boys rooks one hell of a beating ..............................at The Withedean1

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Notts County at home will be a Wembley in our sights, but alas.

Crawley v Orient

I would be happy to avoid Forest away (but they are getting hammered). Man United Reserves are looking a bit useful. I don't fancy Sheff Wednesday (not until the semi-finals). Emirates would be a good venue but not a good match. I don't fancy Spurs (Fulham would be OK), Birmingham or Villa, which leaves Stoke (dreadful), West Ham U (?), Bolton (yuk) or Wigan Reserves (maybe?), Chelsea (interesting), Burnley (at home ?), Reading (at home?), Everton (doubtful), Man City (at home?).

So in the end Crawley at home might be the best bet, but I would hate to lose this one.

Best to get a big club away in the 6th Round when it is warmer.

Last edited:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here