Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th round qualifying draw

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Crowborough Athletic 0 - 2 Harlow (0-0 ht)

Crows a shade unlucky against a decent Harlow side. Oldroyd saved a 2nd half penalty with the score still 0-0. The second goal was scored with about 5 mins left with Crows committing men forward in search of an equaliser.

Harlow's supporters come complete with bass drum that gets on your t*ts and an air-raid siren for when they score - good luck with that Hillians!

Oh - and for good measure the Crowborough Directors were all wearing ties tonight allowing them access to the Lounge Bar in the club house!

I'm disappointed the Crows didn't make it, but rest assured Harlow's fans won't be noisier and more boisterous than Smurf's crew at Leyland's Park.

I'm going to have to give Hartlepool a miss (bad fan) and get along there.
Come on the Hill :yahoo:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Having just realised we're not at home that day, I may head down to Buggers Hole and cheer them on. Something to do!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm disappointed the Crows didn't make it, but rest assured Harlow's fans won't be noisier and more boisterous than Smurf's crew at Leyland's Park.

Well I hope they win not just because I'm bitter about them beating Crowborough but anyone who takes a music instrument to a game of football deserves putting down IMO.

An air raid siren is unforgivable! My poor dear old nan lives in a bungalow that backs on to Alderbrook Rec god knows what she made of it? I expect she's still underneath the dining room table humming Vera Lynn songs!?!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Well I hope they win not just because I'm bitter about them beating Crowborough but anyone who takes a music instrument to a game of football deserves putting down IMO.

An air raid siren is unforgivable! My poor dear old nan lives in a bungalow that backs on to Alderbrook Rec god knows what she made of it? I expect she's still underneath the dining room table humming Vera Lynn songs!?!

LOL!
I think an air raid siren is a good effort but then I didn't have to hear it. Sure beats the Pompey bell!
PG

Dan BHTFC

Oct 2, 2008
Burgess Hill
We have a really good chance to get through, would be good to see as many Brighton fans there as possible (as long as you don't sit at the far end of the stand, thats the Barmy Armys territory!).

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Shame I won't be able to make the game, as I'll be off on my honeymoon that morning. I'd love it, just love it if BHT make it into the 1st round.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
They did, it used to be wound whenever they got a corner. All to do with the Dambusters squadron who were based in Lincs., hence the outstreching of arms when they scored.

I bow to your superior knowledge. I just thought it was because they were twats!?!

Still blooming annoying though!

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Six Sussex teams in the draw. I remember when one was exceptional. It is proof of the progress of this county recently.

Dan BHTFC

Oct 2, 2008
Burgess Hill
I think we have a chance against Harlow, we've beaten 2 Conference South teams so far and we have home advantage.

If any of you want to make a day of it then some members of the Barmy Army will be in the Watermill pub next to Wivelsfield station from 11am, it'll be good to see you there.

The Hillians - Home

Dunno about it being the biggest game in the clubs history but it's a big game all right. Think we'll get a few down there tomorrow but very much doubt it will be many more than 150.

Actually the match drew 323, less than Burgess Hill got for their 1st QR match v. Dover last season. Still, it was a lot nearer your estimate than mine - I just thought that more interest would have been generated by a realistic chance of reaching the first round and the possibility of drawing Albion/Leeds/Leicester.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Actually the match drew 323, less than Burgess Hill got for their 1st QR match v. Dover last season. Still, it was a lot nearer your estimate than mine - I just thought that more interest would have been generated by a realistic chance of reaching the first round and the possibility of drawing Albion/Leeds/Leicester.

Like I said before if the game had been on a Saturday and it had been promoted in the local rag then I'm sure we would have got a few more. Granted I did the people of Crowborough a slight disservice given the size of the crowd. That did include probably 60 or 70 from Harlow which given the level of football is a pretty good turn out IMO for a midweek game probably 60 odd miles away from home.

FA Trophy on Saturday against Northwood (RYM Prem like Harlow). Unless they bring a few down I'm willing to bet it'll be back down around the 150 mark again.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Nonsense, I travelled from Mansfield to see them play at the Goldstone in the FA Cup a few years ago. I remember the younger fans on the East Terrace were deriding us for singing "we've got Tony Tony Tony Tony Towner on the wing, on the wing...."

Yes i know they've made it before, but in the last few years they keep missing out. But i never realised they got Brighton, what was the score?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here