Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup 4th round qualifying draw

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

I wondered whether they meant biggest geographical area?

The size of towns and cities is always quoted in terms of population; otherwise you would get huge distortions due variations in how far the administrative boundary extends into the surrounding countrside.
Also density of housing is an issue eg Mansfield, with it's thousands of terraced houses would probably fit into half of Worthing with its bungalows, semis and detatched homes.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
burgess hill in the first round would be incredible :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
No idea how many travelled on Saturday as I was Leeds.

A bizarre story from my boss (President of CAFC) first thing this morning about the Harlow game, but to cut a long story short, none of CAFC's committee were welcomed into the Harlow Director's Lounge as none of them were wearing TIES - despite a local radio reporter being in there in t-shirt and jeans!!

My boss met up with an old friend, who is now Chairman of Bishops Stortford and tried to get to the bar for a drink after the game only to be told he was BARRED!!

To top it all, Dave Adams had a can of beer thrown at him just after the final whistle (being an FA Cup game alcohol is not permitted in the ground) and Harlow wanted to hush it up!

I wonder what sort of welcome CAFC are going to give the Harlow Directors tomorrow night - might be interesting!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The chances of that are precisely 78-1 against.

Would I be right in thinking that's just the mathmatical odds, and 'actual' odds would be longer.
Either way, I can't help thinking that's more of a banker than any horse, that gets mentioned, on here.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
A bizarre story from my boss (President of CAFC) first thing this morning about the Harlow game, but to cut a long story short, none of CAFC's committee were welcomed into the Harlow Director's Lounge as none of them were wearing TIES - despite a local radio reporter being in there in t-shirt and jeans!!

My boss met up with an old friend, who is now Chairman of Bishops Stortford and tried to get to the bar for a drink after the game only to be told he was BARRED!!

To top it all, Dave Adams had a can of beer thrown at him just after the final whistle (being an FA Cup game alcohol is not permitted in the ground) and Harlow wanted to hush it up!

I wonder what sort of welcome CAFC are going to give the Harlow Directors tomorrow night - might be interesting!

Bet Dave Adams was made up about someone offering him a beer!

You going tomorrow Lanky?

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I went to see BHT a couple of weeks ago in the Trophy. The crowd was 170. I remember their three titles on the trot from a few years back. Great side :thumbsup:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Horsham are my favourite Sussex club (after brighton) so might pop up to Stevanage for that.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
should any of Burton Albion / Mansfield or Retford utd go through, then i would like to see the Albion be drawn away to one of them as they are all quite local

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Has anyone got a correspondent at tonight's reply who can update us?

I was intending to go, but had a couple of cold drinks earlier and plod wouldn't take kindly to me driving tonight

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Has anyone got a correspondent at tonight's reply who can update us?

I was intending to go, but had a couple of cold drinks earlier and plod wouldn't take kindly to me driving tonight

Crowborough Athletic 0 - 2 Harlow (0-0 ht)

Crows a shade unlucky against a decent Harlow side. Oldroyd saved a 2nd half penalty with the score still 0-0. The second goal was scored with about 5 mins left with Crows committing men forward in search of an equaliser.

Harlow's supporters come complete with bass drum that gets on your t*ts and an air-raid siren for when they score - good luck with that Hillians!

Oh - and for good measure the Crowborough Directors were all wearing ties tonight allowing them access to the Lounge Bar in the club house!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here