Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F1 Singapore Grand Prix

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So the time has come for our first and last night race of the season.:yahoo:
With rain very possible this race could be a very interesting one but who do you fancy?
Lewis Hamilton is hot favourite with the bookies at 5/2 with the rest of the competitors odds as follows...

Hamilton - 5/2
Button - 9/2
Barrichello - 9/2
Raikkonen - 11/2
Vettel - 9/1
Webber - 12/1
Kovalainen - 12/1
Alonso - 20/1
Fisichella - 25/1
Sutil - 25/1
Kubica - 40/1
Rosberg - 50/1
Liuzzi - 50/1
Heidfeld - 50/1
Glock - 80/1
Trulli - 80/1
Nakajima - 150/1
Grosjean - 150/1
Buemi - 250/1
Alguersuari - 500/1

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Is there anybody left who STILL thinks Formula One is a competitive sport? By all means admire the cars and the driving if you want, but after all the recent shennanigans I've got more respect for the authenticity of professional wrestling.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is there anybody left who STILL thinks Formula One is a competitive sport? By all means admire the cars and the driving if you want, but after all the recent shennanigans I've got more respect for the authenticity of professional wrestling.

One incident isn't going to stop me thinking its still a competitive sport, one team won't ruin that for me. :wrong:
Quite the opposite in fact, this season has been one of the most competitive in a while

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This season has been a soap opera but I prefer i to the days when only 2 or 3 drivers and 1 or 2 teams were competitive. This season there's a dozen drivers who could get a podium finish and half a dozen teams that could win the race, so that's got to be good.

It also sets next season up really well. The old guard of Mosley, Briatore and Dennis are out, there's some new blood and new teams for next season, so as a spectacle I think it's exciting.

And yeah, I fancy Hamilton in this race, although it would be nice if Button could get that win that would silence many of the doubters.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as long as Button gets more points than his rivals then I dont give a shit about the race, F1 is pony......roll on Bathurst next month :clap2:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Practice on now. Red button.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Much as I love Formula 1, I wish they would abandon the concept of street parades to even call them races is a contradiction of terms. Watch qualification and predict the race results and the whole Monte Carlo worshipping don't get me started, first race I'd scrap.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Button will win this one I think, Hamilton is bound to crash at some point. I think Grosjean will poach 3rd right at the death.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You would hope so but then this is the man who thinks Gerrard is not as good as Stuart Downing and owns a Beckham 23 shirt. Either a Crodo-esque style wind up merchant or a :dasreich:

In the words of Mr Mcenroe, you cannot BE SERIOUS? :lol:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Anyone back to the job in hand.

Only Hamilton, Barrichello or Button can make pole. I've backed all 3. Hamilton as a cover, the Brawns to double me money.

Red balls quick today but on low fuel load by looks of things meaning better prices on the above 3.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What superb words from Lewis Hamilton as he summed up the best response to the Renault race fixing scandal. "We all want to put on a great show," the world champion said under Singapore's spectacular illuminated cityscape, "but, unfortunately, in every walk of life there's always one or two individuals that ruin it for everyone. It happens at school, it happens in the office, it happens in every walk of life. What we have to do is just try to rise above it."

:bowdown:

Qualifying begins later today, 3PM with the third and final practice to begin at midday.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
he's a growing man that Lewis, will turn into a better champion one day....hopefully in NASCAR that would be COOL!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that last race is where the V8Supercars are starting from next year (and where I'm hoping to go) so will be more interesting for me....especially if Lord Button raps up the Championship there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here