Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was a smart move from redbull, using the slipstream of his team mate to take pole

Which, of course, is great news for Hamilton: he can blame the team for poor strategy relative to Red Bull, ergo it's not his fault. :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which, of course, is great news for Hamilton: he can blame the team for poor strategy relative to Red Bull, ergo it's not his fault. :lol:

Nope, as usual he is being humble in the post quali interview. Here’s hoping my man wins and yours doesn’t ::wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Magnanimous as always, congratulating his rival, fist pumped him on his way passed, honest with his assessment.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Max P1 [emoji22]

On the plus side maybe he can get away cleanly and not crash into Lewis on the first corner. Then it’s down to Merc / Lewis to make something happen..

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Blimey, two outstanding laps by Versptappen and Norris. Bottas, well, p6 says it all.

The differing tyre strategies should hopefully make it interesting. Norris to jump them both at the start?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We’ll see but as Lewis said at least he can see where Max is at the start, which holds the biggest threat of a coming together in the race probably.

Lewis should have the advantage with medium tyres as long as he can hold second at the start imo. I doubt he’ll make a move on Max unless Max has a terrible start, he’ll play the long game

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How much of an issue is this soft/medium tyre thing going to play?

Presumably the soft tyres have to be quicker enough per lap + some to cover the additional pit stop?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Quite happy with Max on pole to be honest. Immediately removes the risk of him taking Lewis out if he had been on pole.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Presumably the soft tyres have to be quicker enough per lap + some to cover the additional pit stop?

23 seconds for a pit stop, Max will have to go some to build that up if he two stops and Lewis one stops.

Intriguing and exactly as we wanted it?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

They’ll go off a lot quicker, Red Bull’s pit stop likely to be before LH, so do they come out in traffic, does LH put in some very quick laps etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nope, as usual he is being humble in the post quali interview. Here’s hoping my man wins and yours doesn’t ::wink:

Magnanimous as always, congratulating his rival, fist pumped him on his way passed, honest with his assessment.

Oh, of course, but he never lays into the team when he's standing being interviewed. When he's being booed by elements of the crowd is probably not the best time to start doing that either.

He saves that for team radio and, I'm sure, behind closed doors.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh, of course, but he never lays into the team when he's standing being interviewed. When he's being booed by elements of the crowd is probably not the best time to start doing that either.

He saves that for team radio and, I'm sure, behind closed doors.

I’m sure you’re sure. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here