Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Well that’s what Red Bull are saying, Mercedes don’t sound convinced, but then they probably wouldn’t be. Just put me in mind of Ferrari and their increase in straight line speed a couple of years ago which they got a reprimand for even though exactly what was going on was never made public. Who knows, but I love the intrigue, back stabbing and ultra competitiveness of F1. Lewis is definitely feeling the pressure even if he says he is loving it.

Bloody loving this season

Nah. It's not just what RB says. You can see it when looking at the rear wings RB and Merc have used this year. Can't find it now, but there was a really good article recently that went into it in detail. At the root of it is that the changes to the floor rules for this season have hurt Merc (and Aston) a lot more than RB.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nah. It's not just what RB says. You can see it when looking at the rear wings RB and Merc have used this year. Can't find it now, but there was a really good article recently that went into it in detail. At the root of it is that the changes to the floor rules for this season have hurt Merc (and Aston) a lot more than RB.

Commentators during qualy on Sky F1 were saying both Honda engine teams had found something extra out of the Honda "at altitude". I've no idea if this is true or not, it was what Crofty and Brundle said though.

Should be a great race in a fascinating season.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think it's Verstappen's driver and Red Bull's constructors titles to lose this season.

Clear advantage on straights and corners!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton getting very frustrated that 2nd is the best he can hope for. Red Bull have definitely stolen a march on Mercedes over the last few races, much quicker car now. Have Mercs given up on this season’s development?

Currently looking like we are going to have a new World Champ

Edit - great drive by Max. Same circuit next week so almost certainly the same result. This season is running away from Mercedes

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well driven Max. Not sure its a given that Mercedes will concede the title yet. They beat the second Red Bull but need to up their game to reel Max in. They have the driver capability its now down to Mercedes to improve car speed. Excellent season so far.

D

Deleted member 2719

Hamilton getting very frustrated that 2nd is the best he can hope for. Red Bull have definitely stolen a march on Mercedes over the last few races, much quicker car now. Have Mercs given up on this season’s development?

Currently looking like we are going to have a new World Champ

Edit - great drive by Max. Same circuit next week so almost certainly the same result. This season is running away from Mercedes

Max was dominant wasn't he.
But as I always said, the fastest car is crucial and Merc have had this for the past 8 years up until today.

So can people on here accept the car really does matter?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
But as I always said, the fastest car is crucial and Merc have had this for the past 8 years up until today.

No one's said it hasn't. I don't think you've been reading. Let's do this in simple point form to help you understand.

1) The Red Bull seems quicker this year
2) Everyone on the thread seems to think this is a good thing. We're all talking about how good the season is.
3) Nevertheless Lewis hasn't had the best car for all of his 7 world titles and 100 poles - records that are likely never to be broken
4) Hamilton was a significant contributor to the car being quicker
5) The best drivers get the fastest cars
6) Lewis isn't only beating Bottas - he's beating Perez
7) For me Max will win this year. If he does he'll have another six titles to win just to equal Lewis.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No one's said it hasn't. I don't think you've been reading. Let's do this in simple point form to help you understand.

1) The Red Bull seems quicker this year
2) Everyone on the thread seems to think this is a good thing. We're all talking about how good the season is.
3) Nevertheless Lewis hasn't had the best car for all of his 7 world titles and 100 poles - records that are likely never to be broken
4) Hamilton was a significant contributor to the car being quicker
5) The best drivers get the fastest cars
6) Lewis isn't only beating Bottas - he's beating Perez
7) For me Max will win this year. If he does he'll have another six titles to win just to equal Lewis.

:clap2: I really couldn’t be arsed to waste my time responding

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013

Max has had the fastest car since the beginning of the year, Hamilton has been in contention because he’s Hamilton. Perez has the same car as Max. He’s not going to challenge Hamilton this year.
Fast car is important but best racer is also required to maximise the benefit.

D

Deleted member 2719

1) The Red Bull seems quicker this year, maybe to early in the season to say
2) Everyone on the thread seems to think this is a good thing. We're all talking about how good the season is. maybe, but there seems to be less enthusiastic tone to how superb Lewis is now.
3) Nevertheless Lewis hasn't had the best car for all of his 7 world titles and 100 poles - records that are likely never to be broken wrong, Toto Wolfe says otherwise, I tend to think he will know more on this
4) Hamilton was a significant contributor to the car being quicker I have always agreed he will have some input, not significant, in the old days when the driver were mechanics also that was significant.
5) The best drivers get the fastest carsYes but no, if they are in the right stage of there career it is a big help, maybe good story gave him another leg up?
6) Lewis isn't only beating Bottas - he's beating Perez when you have an edge on your co driver you will always get help, Perez is new to the team, give him time, remember he has 7 years to add his SIGNIFICANT contribution to the car
7) For me Max will win this year. If he does he'll have another six titles to win just to equal Lewis.Its Still wide open IMO.
To suggest Max will need 6 titles to equal him is only factual. There could have easily been 3 or 4 who could have taken titles off him if they were in the Bottas seat.
/QUOTE]

You really can't help yourself can you?

Here for the very last time are my points of view, if you bother to read them rather than jump to conspiracy theories you may even get them.

The points that has set me apart from the Lewis love gang are:

1) I have always said he has had the fastest car, it does not mean he is the best ever driver.
2) I don't like his excuses/bedwetting when things don't go right, it is rarely his fault. I have also quoted that he has matured of recent.
3) His arrogance of letting his company sue an existing brand called Hamilton of over 100 years actually mirrored his true persona in crystal clear clarity. And coming from his apparent poverise background, you would not expect it.
4) You lefties jump to conclusion all the time thinking it must be a race thing......weird, really weird.
5) I am also loving a closer more competitive season, with 2 good driver in 2 quick cars. Let's all enjoy it and long may it continue.

:clap2: I really couldn’t be arsed to waste my time responding

Fair enough, take a sneaky look above so you can see all my points of view in one and hopefully this will clear things up.
What do you think on Lando though? I have been watching him for a long time, he is a bit special.

Max has had the fastest car since the beginning of the year, Hamilton has been in contention because he’s Hamilton. Perez has the same car as Max. He’s not going to challenge Hamilton this year.
Fast car is important but best racer is also required to maximise the benefit.
I agree with your latter points but I would challenge your first point.
Toto actually admitted live on Tv today that this was the first race in 8 years that they realised that they are now not the fastest car.
I am sure the guys above will disagree with this but, but hope you will take this onboard as Toto probably knows a bit more than they do.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is it just me or are we seeing surprisingly few safety cars this season? I know there are now a number of circuits where crashes don't need them (because they're just acres of tarmac) and we've had some red flags (notably Azerbaijan) but feels like very few so far this season.

D

Deleted member 2719

Is it just me or are we seeing surprisingly few safety cars this season? I know there are now a number of circuits where crashes don't need them (because they're just acres of tarmac) and we've had some red flags (notably Azerbaijan) but feels like very few so far this season.

I think your right.

I bet you were praying for a safety car today. :lolol:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
First time I've turned to thinking that Max will win it this year. Good for him & the sport, shame there wasn't much wheel to wheel action up front today though. Agree with a poster above in that it seems Merc have given it up, thought the development war would continue but RB 0.25s quicker on the straights and the same track next, not looking as tight as hoped unfortunately.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Oddly, Aston have the safety car this year. I thought they'd shamelessly wheel it out at every advertising opportunity they got.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

1) The Red Bull seems quicker this year, maybe to early in the season to say
2) Everyone on the thread seems to think this is a good thing. We're all talking about how good the season is. maybe, but there seems to be less enthusiastic tone to how superb Lewis is now.
3) Nevertheless Lewis hasn't had the best car for all of his 7 world titles and 100 poles - records that are likely never to be broken wrong, Toto Wolfe says otherwise, I tend to think he will know more on this
4) Hamilton was a significant contributor to the car being quicker I have always agreed he will have some input, not significant, in the old days when the driver were mechanics also that was significant.
5) The best drivers get the fastest carsYes but no, if they are in the right stage of there career it is a big help, maybe good story gave him another leg up?
6) Lewis isn't only beating Bottas - he's beating Perez when you have an edge on your co driver you will always get help, Perez is new to the team, give him time, remember he has 7 years to add his SIGNIFICANT contribution to the car
7) For me Max will win this year. If he does he'll have another six titles to win just to equal Lewis.Its Still wide open IMO.
To suggest Max will need 6 titles to equal him is only factual. There could have easily been 3 or 4 who could have taken titles off him if they were in the Bottas seat.

You really can't help yourself can you?

Here for the very last time are my points of view, if you bother to read them rather than jump to conspiracy theories you may even get them.

The points that has set me apart from the Lewis love gang are:

1) I have always said he has had the fastest car, it does not mean he is the best ever driver.
2) I don't like his excuses/bedwetting when things don't go right, it is rarely his fault. I have also quoted that he has matured of recent.
3) His arrogance of letting his company sue an existing brand called Hamilton of over 100 years actually mirrored his true persona in crystal clear clarity. And coming from his apparent poverise background, you would not expect it.
4) You lefties jump to conclusion all the time thinking it must be a race thing......weird, really weird.
5) I am also loving a closer more competitive season, with 2 good driver in 2 quick cars. Let's all enjoy it and long may it continue.

Fair enough, take a sneaky look above so you can see all my points of view in one and hopefully this will clear things up.
What do you think on Lando though? I have been watching him for a long time, he is a bit special.

I agree with your latter points but I would challenge your first point.
Toto actually admitted live on Tv today that this was the first race in 8 years that they realised that they are now not the fastest car.
I am sure the guys above will disagree with this but, but hope you will take this onboard as Toto probably knows a bit more than they do.

I think the biggest bone that I'd pick out of that incredible rant is that Toto Wolff only joined Williams in 2009 and didn't join the Mercs till 2013 - five years after Lewis won a title with McLaren!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here