Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Why didn't Hamilton pit :mad:

If LH had pitted Max would have stayed out? Then LH would have been left having to overtake Max?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If nothing else it feels like Mercedes have made things unnecessarily difficult for themselves

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If LH had pitted Max would have stayed out? Then LH would have been left having to overtake Max?

I'd have taken that risk, Lewis would have been much closer than Max was to him as he has a 6-7 second advantage. Would have come out 10 seconds behind with 18 laps to go with Max on old tyres

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
I'd have taken that risk, Lewis would have been much closer than Max was to him as he has a 6-7 second advantage. Would have come out 10 seconds behind with 18 laps to go with Max on old tyres

No way I would risk putting LH in that situation with Max’s tendency to leave no room and push LH off or take him out. Too risky.

The current scenario is challenging but at least it keeps LH away from Max’s ‘snowplough’ cornering technique.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
About as far from an expert as it's possible to be but... if you got a grand lead, could you still win with degrading tyres and zero pit stops?

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
About as far from an expert as it's possible to be but... if you got a grand lead, could you still win with degrading tyres and zero pit stops?

No you have to use at least 2 of the tyre types in the race, so one pit stop is required.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I’m waiting for Perez to “break down” and leave his car somewhere that will necessitate another safety car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Everyone has to pit once in a dry race as you have to use two tyre compounds but it has been done IIRC in a wet race before now. Rarely but it can happen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only move left for Red Bull is Perez crashes to bring out the safety car as so far Mercedes are owning this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here