Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
In a little over 12 months time there's a very good possibility that Hamilton will have well over 100 pole positions, over 100 race wins and 8 world titles.

And still people won't be giving him the respect or praise he deserves.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In a little over 12 months time there's a very good possibility that Hamilton will have well over 100 pole positions, over 100 race wins and 8 world titles.

And still people won't be giving him the respect or praise he deserves.

Mostly Brits, we hate winners, they need knocking down :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Partridge Shrug gif was, I believe, in ented for F1.

Nope, cricket for me

Or Baseball, American Football, televised Golf, Swimming, Diving, Hockey, Rugby League and synchronised swimming, but then I ignore those threads :smile:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
There cant be any sport that I can think off that Britain has the all time greatest performer or team.
Hamilton is arguably close to being that person in this sport.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There cant be any sport that I can think off that Britain has the all time greatest performer or team.
Hamilton is arguably close to being that person in this sport.

In a sport dominated by rich kids & privilege, a British black kid from an estate in Stevenage no less. It really is a mind blowing story.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Nice touch by Michael Schumacher who's son presented Lewis with one of his helmets at the trophy presentation. Awesome British sporting legend in the making who if he continues to be succesful may never be beaten or equalled in F1 racing.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yes, or Phil Taylor at darts. These sports are not known worldwide though, for example in south America or eastern Europe, but formula 1 is globally known.

A different debate but is darts really a sport?

Any chance of it making the olympics?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Driving the best car around in a circle is hardly a sport.

The challenges of snooker/darts hold far more interesting challenges to me. You're on your own, no fastest car to bail you out.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

The challenges of snooker/darts hold far more interesting challenges to me. You're on your own, no fastest car to bail you out.

Which Grand Prix circuit is a circle? I guess we can all imagine being a decent darts or snooker player and can play both with ease. I’d love to see you try and drive an F1 car around the circle though. I’d pay good money for that but not to watch you play darts or snooker :lolol:

In fact I’d like to see you even make a start in a Grand Prix car, forget actually driving it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Which Grand Prix circuit is a circle? I guess we can all imagine being a decent darts or snooker player and can play both with ease. I’d love to see you try and drive an F1 car around the circle though. I’d pay good money for that but not to watch you play darts or snooker :lolol:

In fact I’d like to see you even make a start in a Grand Prix car, forget actually driving it.

Each to their own :shrug:

Whatever floats yer boat.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Having taken part in all 3 games/sports/passtimes I can confirm none are easy to do well, but driving competitively is far more complex, involves a lot more physicality, lets say the same amount of hand eye co-ordination, and a lot more to boot. Motor racing is infinitely variable as well. outdoor darts in the wind, snooker in the rain, on a slope would make it slightly more amusing!

Thats before you consider the tools required to do the job. There aren't many drivers who build/prepare their own cars at higher levels. But then I don't suppose there are many snooker players who make cues.

My racing has been at a low-middling level, Goodwood revival oir the British GP support race in 2008 probably the highest profile, but to have built my own engine, gearbox and car, prepare it, myself and go and drive it, and win, against professionals, is pretty satisfying. LH win in 2008 at the British GP was incredible, we raced on the same circuit immediately afterwards, it was extremely challenging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here