Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My understanding is they have to go with Renault as they currently supply the least teams of the 3 remaining engine manufacturers.

Unless RB can find another solution like taking over the Honda IP themselves, or finding a new entrant (v unlikely)

Renault don’t supply any other teams do they?

Talk of Red Bull having their own engines sounds risky in the extreme as it would almost certainly take a few years to get up to speed?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Renault don’t supply any other teams do they?

Talk of Red Bull having their own engines sounds risky in the extreme as it would almost certainly take a few years to get up to speed?

McLaren have Renault engines this season. Moving to Merc next season I think.

The idea mooted is that RB take over the Honda IP / project but it’s pure speculation at this point.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
McLaren have Renault engines this season. Moving to Merc next season I think.

The idea mooted is that RB take over the Honda IP / project but it’s pure speculation at this point.

Getting ahead of myself there! McClaren doing very well with their Renault engine too!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Apparently Stroll has the squits. [emoji90]

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Some proper F1 cars here, last race of the day is 60's endurance ( GT's )

A live stream, you can rewind. Small grids for obvious reasons but some great stuff.

https://youtu.be/YMYYSh6LO14

Was driving past Imola 3 or 4 years ago and decided to stop to have a look at Senna's memorial

And what luck,there was a BOSS series on

Watching a 97 (I think) Bennetton screaming down towards Tamberrello literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

I saw them at Brands when it first got going back in the 90's

The Aussie bloke who used to be in charge at Minardi was driving a Tyrrell (3 or 4 years old)

Love the old cars

Used to enjoy days out at Goodwood

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Got to love Kimi’s dismissive comments about almost being the driver with the most GPs behind him. Kimi makes me laugh so much when he is interviewed, he really doesn’t give a shit :lolol:

Brundle - “Between us (Kimi, Barichello and Brundle) we have around 800 Formula 1 races between us and we still have two arms, two legs and probably one brain between us”

Kimi - “Yeah and I’ve got it “ :lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hamilton has a potential steering problem but the FIA have decided it’s a “comfort” thing so won’t let them change it without going to the back of the grid.

Let’s see how that pans out

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Valterri Bottlas strikes again

Also, the F1 rain shield working well again, even at the Nurburgring.... very powerful machine.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
There is no way that needed a full safety car, with Hamilton and Verstappen 1 minute ahead of the rest, definitely not a ploy from the FIA to spice up the race.... :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is no way that needed a full safety car, with Hamilton and Verstappen 1 minute ahead of the rest, definitely not a ploy from the FIA to spice up the race.... :rolleyes:

Of course it is

I notice Kimi got a 10 second penalty for almost flipping a car, the same penalty Hamilton got last time out for practice starts

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
As usual, stewards and race control are so out of touch with the racers. This safety car has been unbelievably unfair on a fair few who’d driven fantastic races, driving unbelievably slowly and leaving the front 4 on ice tyres leaving those who had been lapped to rock up on heat cycled tyres.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So pleased that Hamilton got past Bottas before Bottas had to stop. 91 wins matches Schumacher and not a cheating result in amongst them :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Best ever F1 driver bar none imo. Even better than Senna and some distance ahead of Schumacher

Fangio (before our time), Senna, Schumacher and Hamilton ... I'm happy with that quartet and LH deservedly being in it.

I absorb these times, I've loved his career, he gets better and better. Other racers and teams (Ferrari) crack under the relentless brilliance of LH, Wolff and team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here