f*** Off McGhee

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
London Irish said:
That is illogical nonsense.

How so?

We need, according to our own figures, to average 12K for a home match to make it viable. What is the top average for a League 1 team now?

Ignoring the cock up on 365.com which has Swansea getting more people than the stadium can hold, it's Nottm Forest. who average 19K. Most of the rest don't scratch 10K. If we cannot average 12K, we will be in the position of having a shiny stadium and a shiny overdraft again. Logic dictates that it is not financially viable for us to continue with the new stadium if we drop a division - and I am sure this forms part of the LDC delaying tactics.

Whilst MM is not the only part of this problem, he has been a major part of it. If Leon can outstay his welcome, why is MM exempt? He did well getting us up, but how can he inspire and self-belief or confidence now? Is he telling them that they are playing for pride and the hope that another team will come in and take them? How many players will take a wage cut to stay with us? Players don't have to be loyal these days, nor do managers - the supporters are the only thing that remains constant, but we are able to voice our concerns.

No, I don't know who we would bring in next, but I have a nasty feeling it's too late.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

junior said:
Because McGhee has wasted so much of it on the likes of McCammon,Turienzo,Malongo,Dodd etc,etc.

Of course McGhee foresaw Dodds injury, so it was silly of him to sign him. Same with Big Mac.

Turienzo - Jury still out, as has been stated soooo many times. He is struggling with injuries.

Molango was a talented player, but didn't hit it off with the English game.

Now I am thinking of good signings by McGhee. CKR, Frutos, Carole, Henderson, McShane, Blayney (kept us up), Currie, Reid, Yeates.

Not bad!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
tommy boy said:
going up and staying up are differant

look at sunderland, they won the championship but are shit as in the premiership

simply, we aren't rich enough to stay in this league

bhaexpress said:
Once again a good point very well made. Hell at least we aren't struggling as bad as they are.

But Sunderland already DO have a nice shiny new stadium and they are still shit.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
tommy boy said:
bolton and wigan both have new stadiums

are they shit aswell?

Stop changing the subject!

Saying that playing at Withdean is hampering our performance, then stating that Sunderland are still shit is kinda self defeating your arguement.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
pasty said:
Stop changing the subject!

Saying that playing at Withdean is hampering our performance, then stating that Sunderland are still shit is kinda self defeating your arguement.

It's not Withdean so much as the fact it's too small to generate sufficiant revenue, what's so hard to understand about that ?

Oct 25, 2003
sunderland are just one example though aren't they

plenty of clubs have done well with new stadiums

to list a few: bolton, wigan, middlesborough, reading

sunderland have done fairly well with the SoL, been promoted from div 1 a few times and have finished in the top 10 in the prem

personally i'd like that to be us

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:
Plus Withdean is costing us money through rental...not value for money.

Yes but to a degree so will Falmer.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
HampshireSeagulls said:
He hasn't got what's needed to keep us up. Thanks for everything, but time to go now.

Yep, Money to buy players. The abillity to hold on to home grown stars. because of the finance required for the Falmer legal battle. A ground that anyone would want to play in.

Yep all your fault Mcghee, please fix all these things right away

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm 100% behind MM and that will still be the case come season's end whether we stay up or go down.

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:
Agreed, but at better value. Plus an asset can give us something to borrow against......wisely.

Of course ! For the sake of all the 'experts' I'd try to be logical.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
fosters headband said:
Yep, Money to buy players. The abillity to hold on to home grown stars. because of the finance required for the Falmer legal battle. A ground that anyone would want to play in.

Yep all your fault Mcghee, please fix all these things right away

He had money for players, he just made a couple of bad choices. He has, however, made some good ones (following recommendations from people on here!). It's not simply the finance required for the legal battle - we know we have no money. What we are questioning are things like odd substitutions, players out of position, players falling out with him. You can search both here and the Argus archives for all this information. The players don't seem to know how to get out of the problem, so it must fall to the Manager to guide them - and he is not guiding. He's had a couple of good results this season which seem to have blinded some people to the rest of the results, which have been appalling. We also seem fixated on the "yes but he got us up", "yes but he's doing well with what he's got" arguments - these are valid points, but he is not coping, and hasn't been for some time. We should have got shot some time ago, I think it's too late, but I hope not, because we are going to have problems with a huge debt in a lower league, despite everything the club has done before to get us out of trouble they have never had to do it with the requirement to get 12K people to every home match in a division which statistically struggles to average 10K.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
junior said:
I cant believe people still keep saying its not Mcghee's fault.

Prehaps the money we wasted on Turienzo,McCammon,Malongo etc could have afforded us out goalscorer we needed to sign in the transfer window.

You Sir, are a cock.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhaexpress said:
Of course ! For the sake of all the 'experts' I'd try to be logical.

We are agreed! :D

Lets hope we can root these threads out in 3, 5, 10 years time and laugh at them.....

Magoo. You sir, have my backing. Not that it means much. As long as the Chairman and players back you, then I will follow suit.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here