Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** Off McGhee

Oct 25, 2003
BensGrandad said:
If I was a premiership reserve e.g. Lee Barnard I would WANT to go to a club like Brighton and play regular 1st team football in the CCC and then go back to Spurs after it ready for the next challenge next season.

you're missing the point of the withdean argument, its not the size of the ground, more the financial restraints that it brings

the financial restraints leads to us bringing in players of a reletively low standard to the clubs at our level, whence players like SIDWELL go to other clubs

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
pasty said:
So is expecting championship level football too much to ask considering the fact that is the division we happen to be in at the moment ?

Must admit, I'm getting bored with the Withdean/no money/no resources etc excuses. All those things existed when we made it into this division (twice), so if we were good enough to get into it, we should be good enough to stay in it.

Another one ! It's not an excuse it's plain and simple fact.

Today for example we played in front of a crowd that was more that three times what we get at Withdean, can you not see you the connection ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhaexpress said:
It's not an excuse it's simple fact. Try taking a reality pill, who else in this division plays in a stadium as small as ours ? Not many teams play in such a poor stadium in Leagues 1 and 2 either.

Both teams play on the SAME pitch why can the other teams play better than us. This Withdean thing is totally irrelevant as regards the way we play.l

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
BensGrandad said:
If I was a premiership reserve e.g. Lee Barnard I would WANT to go to a club like Brighton and play regular 1st team football in the CCC and then go back to Spurs after it ready for the next challenge next season.

I'm sure there are players that want to. Problem is their club needs to wnat to send them out to play. And their club needs to agree with us about the payment of wages etc.

Can you see how we have the same old problem here?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
Both teams play on the SAME pitch why can the other teams play better than us. This Withdean thing is totally irrelevant as regards the way we play.l

BG you are missing the point, I am not blaming Withdean as much as it's capacity, we just don't generate the revenue required at this level, it's as simple as that.

Oct 25, 2003
pasty said:
So is expecting championship level football too much to ask considering the fact that is the division we happen to be in at the moment ?

Must admit, I'm getting bored with the Withdean/no money/no resources etc excuses. All those things existed when we made it into this division (twice), so if we were good enough to get into it, we should be good enough to stay in it.

going up and staying up are differant

look at sunderland, they won the championship but are shit as in the premiership

simply, we aren't rich enough to stay in this league

steve-c

just get behind the chairman , manager, team , and join the loyal albion fans and support the effort that they are giving to stay in the championsip. :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf: :ascarf:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
tommy boy said:
going up and staying up are differant

look at sunderland, they won the championship but are shit as in the premiership

simply, we aren't rich enough to stay in this league

Once again a good point very well made. Hell at least we aren't struggling as bad as they are.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
bhaexpress said:
Another one ! It's not an excuse it's plain and simple fact.

Today for example we played in front of a crowd that was more that three times what we get at Withdean, can you not see you the connection ?

And do you think that if we had an equivalent sized stadium we would have got 20,000 through the turnstiles today to watch a team that are in the relegation zone, and seemingly incapable of putting the little white round thing into the big white square thing?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
BensGrandad said:

Absolute RUBBISH. The away team expect a difficult, intimidating atmosphere. They expect a big crowd getting behind and lifting the home team. What they get is virtual silence. They're given a boost by that and our lads struggle on.

Isn't this OBVIOUS.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
junior said:
I cant believe people still keep saying its not Mcghee's fault.

Prehaps the money we wasted on Turienzo,McCammon,Malongo etc could have afforded us out goalscorer we needed to sign in the transfer window.

Molango was undoubtedly talented, it just didn't work out. Big Mac faced three operations on his foot and Knee. The jury is out on turienzo, he is struggling with injury.

The point is, they cost combined £150k, whereas Leicester, our relegation rival, bought Fryatt for £350k plus huge add ons. We couldn't commit long term to a highly paid player at the start of the season. Why? Beacuse we didn't have the yes for Falmer.

Who would you have bought instead? For £150k, with the falmer decision still in the balance? Who?

Oct 25, 2003
pasty said:
And do you think that if we had an equivalent sized stadium we would have got 20,000 through the turnstiles today to watch a team that are in the relegation zone, and seemingly incapable of putting the little white round thing into the big white square thing?

'sake

with falmer, we WILL be able to sign players of better quality won't we? with falmer we will be able to financially compete with teams in this league won't we? that the whole point in building falmer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhaexpress said:
BG you are missing the point, I am not blaming Withdean as much as it's capacity, we just don't generate the revenue required at this level, it's as simple as that.

So we are agreed it has nothing to do with the stadium and the facilities only the money that is generated by the attendance.

If that is the case then the only answer is for DK to release some funds to enable MM to get the tools of his trade i.e players. That is the begining and end of the argument.

Another manager would be too expensive stick with MM but give him the players he needs, some of the people we are after will sign for us.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
bhaexpress said:
Okay Junior, who would you replace him with then ? You seem to think you have all the answers.

Chris Hutchings?? Bobby robson?? The bloke at Brentford who's name escapes me?? Dean Wilkins?? The list goes on if i had more time and knowledge.

Oct 25, 2003
chris hutchins?! the guy that took bradford down? and the same man that is also assistant at a top half prem side?

bobby robson- would be very suprised if he managed again

dean wilkins- promoting from within REALLY worked last time didn;t it

admit it, we can't afford any better

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
tommy boy said:
'sake

with falmer, we WILL be able to sign players of better quality won't we? with falmer we will be able to financially compete with teams in this league won't we? that the whole point in building falmer

Why will we get larger crowds we can't sell out Withdean?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here