Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** off Allardyce

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Quality coverage from ITV yet again, show the Bennett pen shout and ignore Barnes being caught in a sleeper hold. Ignore the pressure we put on them for the last half hour. Give us about a minute and a half of coverage as opposed to everyone else...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He said Gus got his tactics wrong, as you cannot beat Stoke trying to play a passing game, you have to compete and that we were effectively brushed aside. Not good to hear but very hard to argue with on what I saw on TV. All three goals came from dire defending..

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
He said Gus got his tactics wrong, as you cannot beat Stoke trying to play a passing game, you have to compete and that we were effectively brushed aside. Not good to hear but very hard to argue with on what I saw on TV. All three goals came from dire defending..

Yep, and even harder to beat Premier League opposition when you are not playing your best team.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Neil Warnock with Alan Brazil and another commentator said the same thing today - Like them or not, would appear true.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He was right. Either Gus didn't try or got it wrong. Either way you can't blame Alladyce for what he said, and I don't even like him.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
What has pissed me right off is him getting The Big Sam shut down on twitter this weekend. Not happy :angry:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
A number of supporters lost their reasoning last week and considered we were going to make further progress in the cup, when we did not they abuse those who point out why we did`nt. Poyet hopefully will learn from this match and from those who have far greater experience than he has.
It has also shown that non-league Crawley performed better than us against better opposition for which they should be congratulated, their supporters had a more enjoyable return journey, thats football.
This will all be forgotten if we achieve promotion.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
The problem here is Big Sam is WRONG. Of course you can beat Stoke playing a passing game, you just need players better than the ones we have. I think we would have lost by more if we had taken them on physically. Trust that long ball merchant to speak against the beautiful game. f*** him.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

So, we were supposed to abandon our passing game and play a physical style against Stoke? Really? Play a style that doesn't suit us, against the masters of that style of football. That would have been madness, and I'd suggest the "experts" who suggest such a thing, know very little of League One, and the football we've been playing.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
So, we were supposed to abandon our passing game and play a physical style against Stoke? Really? Play a style that doesn't suit us, against the masters of that style of football. That would have been madness, and I'd suggest the "experts" who suggest such a thing, know very little of League One, and the football we've been playing.

If we are going to lose playing the passing game, then yes, to change our style does sound like quite a good plan...

Personally I feel we didn't break out of defence fast enough, allowing them to get men behind the ball - we were never going to break down 11 organised players. But what do I know?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If we are going to lose playing the passing game, then yes, to change our style does sound like quite a good plan...

We didn't know we were going to lose playing the passing game. To read this place the last couple of weeks, and you'd think we were favourites.

All too easy in hindsight to say what we should have done differently, but I doubt there was anyone on here suggesting we should be abandoning our passing game and play some physical football against Stoke.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

How much was the defeat down to us playing a passing game, as opposed to us being a slightly under strength team two divisions beneath them and away from home?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

I'm sure it's what Barcelona would have done had they gone to the Britannia on Weds night instead of the Emirates

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They hardly changed their side (and thus fielded a team that would probably have beaten the team Man Utd put out against Crawley) whilst Gus rather arrogantly rested some of our best players.

In hindsight, I thought Big Sam called it about right, to be honest. It's just that the truth hurts sometimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here