Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F****** Embarrassing

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Ok, fair enough, I didn't go today but it's obvious the team was rubbish today (Again!)

But just to be controversial for a minute, I blame the FANS. It's no wonder we can actually win away from home, the FANS give immense support to the players and the team responds, at Withdean, everyone SITS there either in silence, or they are moaning at the players, no wonder they struggle to perform. I just wish the fans would support the team with non stop chanting for 90 mins at Withers, and see what happens.....

Fine, the team was probably rubbish today. But I bet the fans weren't any better!

Could'nt disagree more!

The Withdean is not a couldron of atmosphere thats for sure, but to say that albion fans are bad is so way off the mark.

To be honest I think over the last 10 years Brighton fans have been very understanding and have held back from critising the team on mass. When we were at the Goldstone if we had put in a perfomance like todays the crowd would have been savage.

Most clubs who have had any modicum of sucess in the past or played at a higher level have an expectation of better things and set the bar a little higher than the Rochdale's and Brenfords of the world.

Today was embarrassing and comes after 3 other non performances at home, I felt sorry for Wilkins last season but was excited by the return of Micky, but he looks burnt out and yesterdays man looking at him today. My faith is being tested.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
I am not going to defend micky adams but we have played 7 league games we have another 39 more to play . We do need better players i know that but to right us off after so 7 games its not right. Last season we were awful in the first half of the season and we played better in the second half after mansfield .

It really annoys me and i hope Micky turns it around and we will see who the fickle ones are . When we used to lose under wilkins it was "give him time " but under micky its "get him out"

:censored:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I am not going to defend micky adams but we have played 7 league games we have another 39 more to play . We do need better players i know that but to right us off after so 7 games its not right. Last season we were awful in the first half of the season and we played better in the second half after mansfield .

It really annoys me and i hope Micky turns it around and we will see who the fickle ones are . When we used to lose under wilkins it was "give him time " but under micky its "get him out"

:censored:

We were doing ok up until christmas when all the contract stuff went pear shaped and we fell apart then picked up again.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Have you ever wondererd why there was a contract fiasco. Oh well mate its your opinion i just think after 7 games is unbelievable.

As nothing is on the record with regard to this issue I cannot put the blame on Wilkins, and as I said I was very pleased when Adams came back into town.

It looks thow we have taken about three steps backwards rather than forwards, I think John Bryne summed my feelings up on the phone in today.

Well said, only been an Albion fan for 8 years, but that tops any game I have seen.

What a disgrace.

It was one of the worst performances in recent years and it was truly embarrassing and I was as pissed off as anybody today but I couldn't be bothered to boo the team off. In fact I laughed them off even though they couldn't see it-certainly made me feel a lot less angry than some people I saw and heard on the way out...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Anyone who tries to find anything positive from the latest home debacle is just deluding themselves. It was utter rubbish and I was ashamed to be a Brighton fan.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
No excusing Richard's reaction but he took the brunt of the crowd's frustration for what was a shocking team performance. The thing that really got me was the lack of any movement in and around the box, they were like statues. Even worse was the apparent lack of any motivation or guidance from the bench. It is rare that you play a side which has absolutely no intention at all of doing anything but defend with that kind of numerical advantage, this is when you would be looking to the coaching staff, and senior pros for ideas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here