Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F****** Embarrassing

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
We need a midfielder, who can pass and create a chances. Because Glenn Murray will not score more then five this season, if we don't sign one. Why did we insist on pumping high balls after high balls into the area, when their whole defence plus goalkeeper was over six foot. We need significant changes now, or we could be facing a relegation scrap.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Walsall go down to 9 men, change things round and adapt. We have no plan A let alone a plan B.

Pumping the ball long in the futile hope of something opening up and/or just getting half-way down the wing and and getting a cross in is not going to win anything. It's unimaginative, it's lazy, it's predictable, it's easy to defend against, and it's shit.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Whole team were awful, just awful.

And as for Matt Richards, you can f*** off too:thumbsup:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
what a shambles, why do we not have someone who can get to the byline & put in a cross that beats the first defender? And why is no one prepared to have a shot from outside the box? With an area as packed as Wallsall's was today the ball could be deflected absolutely anywhere - if we had someone to take a gamble. As for their goal - a free header right on the penalty spot planted chest high right in the middle of the goal....shit defending & where the f*** was Kuipers? We've now played 5 home games & been shocking in 41/2of them, time for Adams to make changes or we,ll be finding ourselves playing Crawley next season.

All credit to Wallsall, they battled away at the back & with the help of our inept display took what they deserved.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Son said Murray was awful..constantly staying offside and not looking the least bit interested...what a knob....he needs a good kick up the arse

The Grub

Nov 14, 2004
Hurstpierpoint
I enjoyed the game today. I thought it was excited as it was obviously going to be difficult to play against a team who just defended. Ok so we lost. Well they're not a rubbish team so it was never going to be easy. We did look, in the first half th ebetter side but at least it was better than watching a boring dull game. Everyone always wants to moan. And they did get a really good goal.

Oh and everyone having a go at Richards when we're meant to be supporters is just awful.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
That goes down in history as one of the most embarrassing defeats EVER. I have never felt more ashamed of an albion team than this afternoon.

If someone doesn't want to play for the club, just resign. Do the decent thing.

With a few exceptions (Michel, Forster, Lynch, Hawkins, maybe McLeod), these players are not fit to wear our shirt.

As if losing at home to nine man Walsall wasn't HORRIFIC enough, the lack of pride, passion, or commitment they show to the club is disgusting. That's without discussing the glaring lack of talent.

You're doing a job we'd all LOVE, so if you can't even be arsed enough to have a shot when playing against nine men, you should be in a different one.

Just go, go now:censored:

Agree 100%.
Even when we we bottom of the 4th division and about to go to Gillingham we played with pride and passion.
Even when we got to Gillingham and were offically the worst team bar one in the entire Football League you could excuse it on the grounds that the players weren't that good and it was an upheaval and we were playing at Gillingham etc etc. The players did the best they could but they were not very good players (that's an understatement !!). Now though we have halfway decent players who canplay and do not seem to be able to motivate themselves enough to be arsed to do it. And what was Adams doing about it - standing by the dugout not appearing to shout or attempt to motivate the team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody who even ATTEMPTS to defend that ninety minutes of inexcuseable shit today is simply beneath contempt. Playing against a NINE MAN run-of-the-mill League One team for sixty minutes, and not a fuckin' CLUE how to break them down.

The low point was Richards being booed from a couple of retards in H Block WHILE HE WAS ON THE BALL. Some of us had to have a word at that point.

But the whole thing today was an absolute disgrace to the club. Inexcusable. Time for a complete clear-out of the midfield and - yes - the strike force. Time to get some big semi-useful grafters in who have a track record of scoring goals at this level. Like Lloyd Owusu, say, who is on the market every other season and who keeps banging them in. The Murray lovers know NOTHING.

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
I enjoyed the game today. I thought it was excited as it was obviously going to be difficult to play against a team who just defended. Ok so we lost. Well they're not a rubbish team so it was never going to be easy. We did look, in the first half th ebetter side but at least it was better than watching a boring dull game. Everyone always wants to moan. And they did get a really good goal.

Oh and everyone having a go at Richards when we're meant to be supporters is just awful.

are you in-f***ing-sane?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Credit to Walsall for their resiliance - A few of their players collapsed at the end as they had run themselves into the ground. They changed things round when they went down to nine men and then attacked the first decent set piece that came their way.

We are so one dimensional it is unbelievable.

They were big and strong at the back, so what were our attacking instructions? In the air apparently. :thud:

Absolutely spot on !

They must have had a great laugh afterwards at just how predictable we were. That was truly F****** Embarrassing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whole team were awful, just awful.

And as for Matt Richards, you can f*** off too:thumbsup:

Richards had a rare rotten day at the office. No way did he deserve to be booed by retards in H Block (Row G) whenever he got the ball passed to him in the second half.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Richards had a rare rotten day at the office. No way did he deserve to be booed by retards in H Block (Row G) whenever he got the ball passed to him in the second half.

I really don't see what the fuss is about Richards today ( I didn't see what gesture he made to the South stand at the end of the game btw) ?

Whilst not exactly setting the game alight, I don't think that he was any worse than any of our other players today. It was the game plan that was at fault today more than anything else.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I really don't see what the fuss is about Richards today ( I didn't see what gesture he made to the South stand at the end of the game btw) ?

Whilst not exactly setting the game alight, I don't think that he was any worse than any of our other players today. It was the game plan that was at fault today more than anything else.

Well, richards was the lucky recipient of the acres of space left by two missing Walsall players. He must have been sent the ball about, what, twenty times in twenty minutes. Whereupon he crossed straight to an interception by the first defender most times. To be fair tho, the play was switched so that cox & Robinson in turn tried the same position - with the same results.

The keeper (Paul Ince's son?) was a big bloke, and got to most things in the air. would have been nice to try some other options. Nearest we got was first half when forster laid a ball low all the way across the box. Simplest tap-in ever. But there was no bugger there.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I just read an interesting statistic, before today Walsall hadn't kept a clean sheet for 19 games, a club record.

:lol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well, richards was the lucky recipient of the acres of space left by two missing Walsall players. He must have been sent the ball about, what, twenty times in twenty minutes. Whereupon he crossed straight to an interception by the first defender most times. To be fair tho, the play was switched so that cox & Robinson in turn tried the same position - with the same results.

The keeper (Paul Ince's son?) was a big bloke, and got to most things in the air. would have been nice to try some other options. Nearest we got was first half when forster laid a ball low all the way across the box. Simplest tap-in ever. But there was no bugger there.

I think I glazed over and all I seem to remember from the 101 crosses we pumped in was T&T's finest catching it and then doing a stunt shoulder roll to floor for a 9.8 from the judges in the away end. Oh, and that scouse wanker Stevie G's brother taking care of pretty much everything else. ;)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just read an interesting statistic, before today Walsall hadn't kept a clean sheet for 19 games, a club record.

:lol:

And we still couldn't score agianst them with 2 extra men. You couldn't make it up

:lolol:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
First Walsall clean sheet since early march:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here