Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F****** Embarrassing

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Wasn't at the game so can't really comment on it that much, but from what I read/heard it seemed pretty horrific. And no doubt it's embarrasing, nine men FFS.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Credit to Walsall for their resiliance - A few of their players collapsed at the end as they had run themselves into the ground. They changed things round when they went down to nine men and then attacked the first decent set piece that came their way.

We are so one dimensional it is unbelievable.

They were big and strong at the back, so what were our attacking instructions? In the air apparently. :thud:

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
With a few exceptions (Michel, Forster, Lynch, Hawkins, maybe McLeod), these players are not fit to wear our shirt.

I think El-Abd and Elphick should be included in your list. I know more could have been done when they scored but it is just the lack of creativity in midfield.
Not a single player can create any chances.

It isn't a surpise that we aren't winning at home. When teams sit back, we have absolutely no answer to it.

Thomson HAS to be dropped, he offers nothing going forward. Need a creative midfielder and badly.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Ok, fair enough, I didn't go today but it's obvious the team was rubbish today (Again!)

But just to be controversial for a minute, I blame the FANS. It's no wonder we can actually win away from home, the FANS give immense support to the players and the team responds, at Withdean, everyone SITS there either in silence, or they are moaning at the players, no wonder they struggle to perform. I just wish the fans would support the team with non stop chanting for 90 mins at Withers, and see what happens.....

Fine, the team was probably rubbish today. But I bet the fans weren't any better!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Ok, fair enough, I didn't go today but it's obvious the team was rubbish today (Again!)

But just to be controversial for a minute, I blame the FANS. It's no wonder we can actually win away from home, the FANS give immense support to the players and the team responds, at Withdean, everyone SITS there either in silence, or they are moaning at the players, no wonder they struggle to perform. I just wish the fans would support the team with non stop chanting for 90 mins at Withers, and see what happens.....

Fine, the team was probably shit today. But I bet the fans weren't any better!

No it isn't. It is the complete fact that when teams sit back, there is no pace of invention to break defences apart.

Away from home is different, teams push forward and we can catch them on the break. Fans don't help admittedly but that isn't the reason.

Fine, the team was probably rubbish today. But I bet the fans weren't any better!

Normally, despite the fact that you didn't go, I would say that the atmosphere at Withdean doesn't help. Today though you are wrong. There was a real buzz around Withdean today, which increased when they went down to 10, then 9. The crowd were up for it, and were giving the team the support they deserved. Second half the crowd did turn, but that was simply because the team seemed to have absolutely no idea what to do with all the space and time they had and resorted to hitting balls in from deep straight on the head of the centre half or into the keepers hands.

The prime example is the incident with Richards. He had enough time to drive himself back to Ipswich yet still, under no pressure whatsoever put the ball over the bar, not even into a space where an Albion player could challenge for it. The crowd rightly were groaning and Richards gobbed off. I know I wasn't the only one to leap up and tell him EXACTLY what I thought of that.

What doesn't help though is after that incident some FUCKTARDS decided it would be a good idea to then boo every touch Richards had. I despair of Albion fans sometimes.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill

You lost your argument when you said you didn't go. People pay good money to see the Albion week in week out and what was on show today was nothing short of ABYSMAL. £22 is alot of money to see your team go down to a team with 9 men on the pitch for over an hour, and to make things worse we didn't even look like scoring. I'm not even going to bother MENTIONING Matt Richards and his antics ...:censored:

There was even a 'south stand roar' with about ten minutes to go followed by a chorus of 'Albion'. Nothing.

Once again, another piece of evidence that our back up is no where near good enough. 1-0 down to a team with 9 men with 45 minutes to go at them and what masterstroke does Adams have? Bring on FRASER for WHING. Fair enough putting 5 in the midfield but Loft should be getting a look in before Fraser, not even CONSIDERING Robinson when all we needed was to stretch them and put the right ball in.

The reason we lost that game was purely because Walsall wanted it more than us and we failed to make the TWO man advantage count. Ridiculous. City will put double figures past us.

:censored:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its just as well for the club that I got 3 season tickets this year, as they wouldn't be getting any of my money for a while if I was paying match by match. In fact I still might not come. That wasn't even worth the petrol money.

Simply dreadful. Adams is shit. Seriously, he hasn't a clue. You're one nil down at half time, against NINE men. Its obvious to the ten year olds in the family stand, that we need PACE and invention to exploit the space, and he brings on FRASER.

Shambles.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Well said, only been an Albion fan for 8 years, but that tops any game I have seen.

What a disgrace.

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
We didn't look too bad when we were against 11 men, but we just became clueless after they went down to 9 men. Crap balls floated in to there keepers hands for 45 minutes, when we were they going to realise that wasn't going to work.
Robinson should of been on for Hart at half time, bringing Fraser on added absolutley nothing.

Also where was Lynch today, is he injured?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here