Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra seats at Withdean

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Dont know if this has been covered already but I read in the Leader that the club has now decided not to use part of Carden Avenue next season for additional Park & Ride spaces.

Have they found somewhere else, or does this mean the extra 2000 seats at Withdean is now OFF for next season ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I rather suspect this will depend on two factors: whether we are playing in Div 1 or Div 2; and if/when the Falmer decision is made.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
If we go up to Division 1, we get the extra seats.
If we stay in Division 2, they'll be no extra seats. Martin Perry told the Argus that the extra seats would cost us 200k due to the poor away support in this division not being able to fill the extra seats.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
We're not filling the seats we have at the moment due to piss poor away fans and wavering home support. I would imagine the extra seats issue has been put on the back burner for now until there is demand for them again.

Now a roof over the south stand....

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Titanic said:
I rather suspect this will depend on two factors: whether we are playing in Div 1 or Div 2; and if/when the Falmer decision is made.
We haven't got a park and ride site.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What a pathetic indictment of all that's crap about our situation. How many YEARS have we been trying to get these poxy seats now? And all for the sake of the lame duck concept that is Park'n'Ride. I mean, who in their right mind USES it anyway? Never met a single person who did. Might serve a useful purpose when the great day comes and the private car gets kicked out of BN1 for good. But til then... Grrrrr.... :glare:

Nov 3, 2003
obvious they want this to drag on with possibility not go throu so sell more seasopn tickets and also they await wear/which div play in and never mind the new seats wears all the money compemnsation for coppell and zamora gone?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:
obvious they want this to drag on with possibility not go throu so sell more seasopn tickets and also they await wear/which div play in and never mind the new seats wears all the money compemnsation for coppell and zamora gone?

I imagine the Coppell and Zamora money payed for Dick Knight's summer holiday to Mars.

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
Tom Hark said:
...the lame duck concept that is Park'n'Ride. I mean, who in their right mind USES it anyway? Never met a single person who did.

I do, and a lot more like me. I thank the club for giving park'n'ride as an option and will continue to use it until the last bus leaves.

...specially if its success is one of the planks supporting our proposals for Falmer.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I use park and ride sometimes and judging by the massive ques outside the ground after every home games, so do lots of other people.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:

Do you go through life thinking the worst of everyone? Just because you are bitter and twisted and possibly trying to con others it doesn't follow that everyone else is. Please pm me the day you post a POSITIVE message about anyone connected with the Albion. I wouldn't want to miss it. :jester:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
[B And all for the sake of the lame duck concept that is Park'n'Ride. I mean, who in their right mind USES it anyway? Never met a single person who did. [/B]

Hear, hear. Never used a park and ride in my life ... anywhere ...and never intend to. I drive to the Withdean and park to the east of the London Road and walk to the stadium. It's usually about 15mins, but the exercise is good for me!!

The whole concept of park and ride is flawed. You either drive to where you're going or you take public transport. Trying to combine the two is rubbish.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The Park & Ride is extremely popular - in fact, over-subscribed. And it's far from rubbish. :shootself

goldstone: It's that attitude which got the club its slap on the wrist from the Council with a threat of a £35,000 fine. It's also the attitude which would stop us getting Falmer. Thankfully, there aren't that many selfish people who attend Withdean.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
if you park to the east of london road you are outside the park and ride area so it not affecting anytihng. on the rare occasions I drive, I do the same.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
use the train . . .its already there and its free (from Shoreham anyway!) it also happens to stop at bothends next to a pub ,. . . it doesnt get any better than that !

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
East of London Road is within the restricted area. Of course, 'east of London Road' is a big area - if you look at it that way, Falmer is 'east of London Road', but you know what I mean. We are talking about Peacock Lane, Surrenden Road, Varndean Gardens and a reasonable large area like that. All out of bounds.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There are plenty of places outside of the exclusion zone but within 10/15 minutes walk of stadium.

I would much rather do that, than queue for buses (because I would never leave early - by the time we walk past it, the queue is all the way back to the corner).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here