Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for the rest of the season

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Where do you think we'll finish?

Currently 9th but i think with Hoskins and Buckley coming back and a bit of spending in Jan we could maybe challenge for the playoffs. Finishing hopefully 6-9th.

YOU?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Right now I'm more worried about us slipping down to 17th after the next three games - if that happens and if we don't bring in more championship level players in key positions soon I think there's a very real danger that we are going to be close to if not in the relegation zone come Christmas. There are no easy games in this division and at the moment we aren't good enough....and that's not me lacking positivity, that's reality.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
15-12 would be nice start to our future i think. But we could push for higher if we hit the form we did at the start.

seagulls

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Original prediction was 8th... I still think that's about where we'll finish!

Every side in this league will have their rough patch.. Just happens to be our turn at the moment!

Chins up peeps, Gus will sort it! Hopefully!!!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Right now I'm more worried about us slipping down to 17th after the next three games - if that happens and if we don't bring in more championship level players in key positions soon I think there's a very real danger that we are going to be close to if not in the relegation zone come Christmas. There are no easy games in this division and at the moment we aren't good enough....and that's not me lacking positivity, that's reality.

Sadly, I agree. I think Gus and TB underestimated the strength of the Championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every team has a bad month and this ours. I am sure that TB and Gus will sit down and sort out an answer to our problems sooner rather than later so dont envisage a relegation battle. I am optomistic that we will finish in the top half and possibly near to the playoffs.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Looking at this team, I can see us really struggling up until then, and maybe being as low as 18th ish, but then bringing in some quality new signings in January to boost us back up the table into the middle. I don't expect it to be easy.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Don't know, but if somebody told me at the beginning of the season, we would of taken a point away at millwall, 3 points at bristol city and cardiff and pompey, I would of thought they were nuts ! For me, I am more than happy ! Shame others can't put things into perspective !

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
We had threads like 'would you want to be promoted this season or next' when we were top of the league. Glad that's stopped.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Sadly we are in for a relegation battle now. 3 points from 6 games is worse than bottom of the table form.

It is easy to say this is just a bad patch, but I think it's actually our norm and we have been found out with some serious issues to address. The good start was the blip, not the current form.

Unless, of course, Gus and Tony go against their stated prefernces of not doing business in the January transfer window, and we get 4 or 5 proven championship players in - a striker, central midfielder, a goalie, and maybe 2 defenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here