Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Expectations for the rest of the season

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Same expectation now as I had at the start of the season. Mid/lower table and hopefully not getting embroiled in the relegation bunfight.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree, I've seen nothing in this division so far to fear
I thought West Ham would piss this division, I think they will still win it but we are not far off their level

Cream (spending and/or payroll ... reflecting quality of players) will rise to the top.

Hammers, Brum, Leicester, S'ton & others will dominate.

Painter, Dicker weaknesses will be mercilessly exploited by other managers (easy to spot in DVD's of us.)

= Mid table, as still plenty of fire power e.g. Buckley, but we wouldn't want injuries to CMS or Noone.

It might alter for the better if TB/Gus spend big in early January.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sadly we are in for a relegation battle now. 3 points from 6 games is worse than bottom of the table form.

It is easy to say this is just a bad patch, but I think it's actually our norm and we have been found out with some serious issues to address. The good start was the blip, not the current form.

Unless, of course, Gus and Tony go against their stated prefernces of not doing business in the January transfer window, and we get 4 or 5 proven championship players in - a striker, central midfielder, a goalie, and maybe 2 defenders.

to quote ''we are in a relegation battle''...wtf ..what planet u on?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
we have been leading in every game but two this season - just a bit fragile when teams are coming at us. hoping for a solid mid-table/top 10 with improvement in second half of season

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
to quote ''we are in a relegation battle''...wtf ..what planet u on?

With respect, please re-read my post...

I said 'we are in FOR a relegation battle', not 'we are in a relegation battle'.

In my opinion, and things can of course change, we have some serious problems with the first team squad - a general lack of quality in defence, the need for a proven central midfielder to play alongside Bridcutt, further need for a proven championship level striker ( hopefully we really are going for Jutkiewicz from Coventry ), and an urgent need for a better goalkeeper.

Of course this is just my opinion, I may not be right, but what I'm struugling to do is write off the last 6 games as 'our bad patch'. I think our squad has been found out :-(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here