Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ev's AMEX Morning Update - 14 Feb 11

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I do hope the corners get filled with something though rather than be left empty, banners, flags, whatever. It will look unfinished otherwise and that would be a shame.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Would it? Let's face it, at some point in the future, new seats will be installed and it's surely a case that it's likely to be cheaper (due to inflation) and more practical (less disruption), to install them now.

I'm not the expert here but it would seem like common sense to fill in the corners and as mcshane has said, giant flags could be used, just the way that banners are to other grounds?

You've made the assumption that getting planning permission is a formality, I'm not so sure it will be.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As has been mentioned on the webcam thread, the SW corner is now almost enclosed (the next 15 or 30 mins will see it completely gap-free). :down:

But as you're all guessing, I'll give you the news.
Some of you may be slightly disappointed.
Corners? No.
Air dancers? No (not as far as I know).
Grand Designs? No.
Roller disco? No.
Goal music? I bloody well hope not.
Vuvuzelas? No chance.
Fans bar? Scrapped - not really.

Actually, Martin Perry has very kindly given me permission to have access - once the pitch is fully established - to take the pics required to make a full 360° panoramic from what will be the centre spot. This will then be uploaded so it will be a scrollable and zoomable(?) image.

Sorry, but it has been a little funny watching you lot go a little mad.

Last edited:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
As has been mentioned on the webcam thread, the SW corner is now almost enclosed (the next 15 or 30 mins will see it completely gap-free). :down:

But as you're all guessing, I'll give you the news.
Some of you may be slightly disappointed.
Corners? No.
Air dancers? No (not as far as I know).
Grand Designs? No.
Roller disco? No.
Goal music? I bloody well hope not.
Vuvuzelas? No chance.
Fans bar? Scrapped - not really.

Actually, Martin Perry has very kindly given me permission to have access - once the pitch is fully established - to have access to take the pics required to make a full 360° panoramic from what will be the centre spot. This will then be uploaded so it will be a scrollable and zoomable(?) image.

Sorry, but it has been a little funny watching you lot go a little mad.

BOOOOO, Everest OUT!!!!

Only joking :smile:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Sounds awesome Everest, looking forward to that pic!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The rumour I heard will involve lights at night time, tonight. No idea if its true, but its what I heard from someone who heard something from someone else blah blah

The argus mentioned the East Stand floodlights were being trialled tonight or last night. Could that be it?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
The argus mentioned the East Stand floodlights were being trialled tonight or last night. Could that be it?

nothing last night on the Webcam so possibly tonight *excited*

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
It's toilets for me and my kind actually.

Great pics again. The last two are very scenic.

Will they be posh Toilets with a man holding a towel and some after shave and small bowl of Giraffe-ter eight mints next to the tips box

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
nothing last night on the Webcam so possibly tonight *excited*
If that's the case, it could be worth someone travelling down to get some external shots of the stadium. Could look pretty special.*

*Perhaps not if it's just the East stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here