Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ev's AMEX Morning Update - 14 Feb 11

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was thinking corners too - some of the lower-tier terraces don't seem to have much in the way of barriers at each end... perhaps I am reading (looking) too far into things.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
great shots Ev, now DISH the news out innit!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is the great news that it will be completed on Friday and our home game against Plymouth will be held there ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To do the corners requires more planning permission and the transport plan to be shown to work so surely it cannot be that yet?
I think he's got permission to do a 360 shot.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
To do the corners requires more planning permission and the transport plan to be shown to work so surely it cannot be that yet?
I think he's got permission to do a 360 shot.

I'm not so sure it's just the 360 permission as he said:
Everest said:
And I have had some great news about the stadium
which to me implies something about the stadium itself rather than permission to photograph it. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it though!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

That's partially right.

The club can install the the seats but won't be able to use them until any planning consent is granted.

It's a similar type of thing to the safety issues the old east terrace had but the other way round, if you know what I mean.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So what is it Everest?! Come on!!!!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That's partially right.

The club can install the the seats but won't be able to use them until any planning consent is granted.

It's a similar type of thing to the safety issues the old east terrace had but the other way round, if you know what I mean.

Would be foolish to install them before we have planning permission to use them.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
That's partially right.

Interesting, hadn't thought about that. Reckon they should fit the seats now and then we can cover them up with flags etc. Would look better in my opinion than a bland concrete finish underneath (If that is all that's currently planned for them?)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Would there not be more to it than just applying for planning permission and then sticking the seats in.
An increased capacity could affect the original application concerning transportation and the like.
Lord Bracknell might know about this.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
A planning application for the corners hasn't gone in, I know that much. No idea what it is about though and very cheeky of Everest.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Would there not be more to it than just applying for planning permission and then sticking the seats in.
An increased capacity could affect the original application concerning transportation and the like.
Lord Bracknell might know about this.

Yes, it would need a new Transport Assessment, potentially another Noise and Air Quality Impact Assessment.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes, it would need a new Transport Assessment, potentially another Noise and Air Quality Impact Assessment.

so thats never going to happen any time soon.................... as was the plan.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Would be foolish to install them before we have planning permission to use them.

Would it? Let's face it, at some point in the future, new seats will be installed and it's surely a case that it's likely to be cheaper (due to inflation) and more practical (less disruption), to install them now.

I'm not the expert here but it would seem like common sense to fill in the corners and as mcshane has said, giant flags could be used, just the way that banners are to other grounds?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here