Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone I seem to talk to is anti Andy Murray

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So, a Scot gets involved in some friendly England / Scotland banter and you all get precious about how dare he not be cheering England from the rooftops.

Oh, get a grip guys.

And as for the shirt business, I think the amount of times the story changes as to which shirt it allegedly was tells you everything you need to know about how tue that is.

Come on ANDY!!!!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
And as for the shirt business, I think the amount of times the story changes as to which shirt it allegedly was tells you everything you need to know about how tue that is.
Someone claimed it was an Argentina shirt the other day. The last time we played Argentina in a competitive fixture was WC 2002. At which point Murray would have just turned 15. :laugh:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As I have said on other threads, he happily describes himself as a Brit, and has described his pride at representing GB in the Davis Cup. Nevertheless, being a Scot, he doesn't want England to win at football. Big deal. In the tennis, he's British, so if you want British success in world sport, and want to support our representatives in the great sporting tournaments, you should support Murray.

This is true, after all it works well at the Olympics.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
:shrug: joke a bit too subtle for you? :wozza:

A bit too subtle??

It's about as old as the hills as well. When the Aussies are asked who they support in anything they say Australia and anyone playing NZ.

I don't understand why so many people are supporting him. He begrudgingly thanks the crowd (when asked directly by an interviewer), and has a pop at us. If he was a footballer he wouldn't last 5 minutes playing in England - it's only because the tennis crowds are 'different' from other sports.

And if he is anti-English why has he just bought a house down here?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
f*** it, I don't like him, sorry to spoil the love in. I will be quite pissed off if he beats Federer in the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here