Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everyone I seem to talk to is anti Andy Murray

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
They are either saying...
1) " Will never forgive him for the Paraguay shirt business "
or
2) " He's just a shit and don't like him as a person "

Already spoken to 3 people today who wanted him to lose last night.

Is this general ?

Personally, I've made the choice that he is probably going to be our only male British hope for the next 7-8 years, so I might as well get behind him. He has come through despite the system and is so far ahead of the rest, it is frightening ( Bogdanovic !!! )
There is a chance that Laura Robson may come through in the Womens game but if people are waiting for an Englishman to support...don't hold yer breath.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Not forgetting of course, "Andy, who are you supporting at the World Cup?"
Andy, "anyone playing England."

Let's get behind him, not.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
They are either saying...
1) " Will never forgive him for the Paraguay shirt business "
or
2) " He's just a shit and don't like him as a person "

Already spoken to 3 people today who wanted him to lose last night.

Is this general ?

Personally, I've made the choice that he is probably going to be our only male British hope for the next 7-8 years, so I might as well get behind him. He has come through despite the system and is so far ahead of the rest, it is frightening ( Bogdanovic !!! )
There is a chance that Laura Robson may come through in the Womens game but if people are waiting for an Englishman to support...don't hold yer breath.

I am holding my breath and counting.....................................................

any sign yet?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
6, possibly 7 pages.

There was a really good article on Murray in the Telegraph mag recently.

He doesn't appear to be the surly individual everyone loves to portray him as.

Good on him. He's BRITISH and the 3rd best tennis player in the WHOLE WORLD.

That's a f***ing AMAZING achievement.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not forgetting of course, "Andy, who are you supporting at the World Cup?"
Andy, "anyone playing England."

Let's get behind him, not.

:shrug: joke a bit too subtle for you? :wozza:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
andy-murray-interview.jpg

maddieabductor_narrowweb__300x378,0.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have a look at the who do you want to win Wimbledon poll, it seems the vast majority do want him to win.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Only small minded morons would wish him ill - Horney you need to find some new friends/work colleagues to talk to or it'll all end in tears, mark my words.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
OK so he made an error over England a few years back. He was young. We all make mistakes. I can't be arsed to hold a silly grudge!

I HOPE HE WINS WIMBLEDON!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
OK so he made an error over England a few years back. He was young. We all make mistakes. I can't be arsed to hold a silly grudge!

I HOPE HE WINS WIMBLEDON!

He didn't make an error over England - he made an error in judgement of how the press twist peoples words and how naive people are to accept it as read.

I'm not a huge Andy Murray fan but that whole episode is ridiculous and I'd still want him to win if push comes to shove.

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
oh come on all us english would love the jocks to win the world cup when ingerland get knocked out , would"nt we?

Oct 25, 2003
wasn't the whole "i don't want england to win the world cup" a complete misinterpretation?

wasn't it more

journalist (as a joke): blah blah blah scotland aren't in the world cup

murray (as a joke): well i hope england don't win it

not a big deal is it?

and isn't the whole paraguay shirt thing a myth?

I don't see the problem with the "anyone but England" comment. If some Palace-supporting footballer answered the question "who do you want to see win the Cup" with "anyone but Brighton", it would have no effect at all on my support for him if he was an England international. I'd understand the rivalry issue, and cheer him on.

As I have said on other threads, he happily describes himself as a Brit, and has described his pride at representing GB in the Davis Cup. Nevertheless, being a Scot, he doesn't want England to win at football. Big deal. In the tennis, he's British, so if you want British success in world sport, and want to support our representatives in the great sporting tournaments, you should support Murray.

Everything else is either (a) stupid or (b) typical self-hating Brit nonsense.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone that dislikes him over the whole 'England Shirt' business is an absolute prune/prat/retard (delete as applicable) and need to purchase/attract/embrace a sense of humour.

I think it shows how many of your three categories we have in England!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here