Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton want answers about penalty decision

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Watching Zaha keep up his record as most fouled player tonight.

Honestly, if he stayed on his feet he could be really good. As it is, he’s just a freestyle footballer who happens to be in an eleven a side team.

It’s players like these who make their life’s work ‘falling over’ that cons refs and infuriates fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player dive as much as Gordon. He’s done it pretty much ever since he’s got into their team including when he fling himself to the ground under minimal contact from Mwepu to win a penalty against us at Goodison.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Connor Gallagher diving again v Leeds.
Rolling around until he sees no free kick and gets up to chase back. Cheating oik.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
His problem is the first one with Keita is a dive and he’s rightfully booked. 2nd could have been given but it’s a marginal one either way but due to his own antics previously he doesn’t get it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Five years ago it's not a penalty. Now it is.

The concept of if there is contact it is a penalty is used to justify so many penalties now that I don't think should be that I really don't see this is any different. If that is Salah or Mane down the other end he is absolutely giving it.

I agree. The one thing I'll say in Gordon's favour is that when you're going at that pace the slightest contact will knock you down. There was more than that from Matip yesterday and, as you say, if it happens at the other end, it's a penalty.
When did Liverpool last concede a penalty at Anfield?
Lampard hardly helps himself by claiming that the earlier dive warranted a penalty.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
100% pen shocking decision, I don’t think Liverpool have had a pen awarded against them for a year and half.

Evening, Wilf.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a player dive as much as Gordon. He’s done it pretty much ever since he’s got into their team including when he fling himself to the ground under minimal contact from Mwepu to win a penalty against us at Goodison.

Absolutely this. He is appalling. Appalling. Worse than Zaha imo.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
His problem is the first one with Keita is a dive and he’s rightfully booked. 2nd could have been given but it’s a marginal one either way but due to his own antics previously he doesn’t get it.

Exactly this - it's an outrageous dive. Sees a leg and just launches himself over it, trying to get some contact en route.

He's a cheat and got what he deserved. He's the boy that cried wolf and I have no issue with refs, who have a ridiculously difficult job when it comes to players trying to con them, giving the benefit of the doubt to the defender.

[tweet]1518425734389370881[/tweet]

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I agree. The one thing I'll say in Gordon's favour is that when you're going at that pace the slightest contact will knock you down.
Absolutely. You only have to watch a rugby match where the man (or woman) has the ball in hand and is heading towards the try line. The merest touch, and down they go. Oh, hang on ...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I was told today a Liverpool fan was stabbed by an Evertonian. Haven’t seen it confirmed yet.

Love how Scousers are all 'cheeky chappies', salt of the earth, friendly derby etc.. My A r s e, as many troublemakers as every other club.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
"Everton want answers about penalty decision"

FA have given an answer: he's a cheating diving little shite so we have decided not to give him any penalties until he learns to stand on his feet. And gets a proper hair cut.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think Adrian Clarke got it right on the Totally Football Podcast, it's not a penalty the contact is made when he's already going down, but if it's a Liverpool player it's almost certainly given

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Love how Scousers are all 'cheeky chappies', salt of the earth, friendly derby etc.. My A r s e, as many troublemakers as every other club.

You are right about the ‘friendly derby.’ That is a complete fabrication. However, just to correct the record, apparently the stabbing in Stanley Park didn’t happen. Something made up on social media apparently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here