Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
They're down to just Ashley Young at right back?

Get the ball to Mitoma and Barco!
Wouldn't watch Greenwood (or if it's going to be a Jeffrey Dahmer-thingie) but still looking forward to this. I'm a bit of a hypocrite.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Who will play right back today?

Hopefully someone who can cope with the pace, power and height of Doucouré and Calvert-Lewin as they pull into space on the flanks looking for the long ball.

We can rule out the right back in the 1-5 mauling playing in the same position (game or club).

IMG_5575.jpeg

Will we have a better team today?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Who will play right back today?

Hopefully someone who can cope with the pace, power and height of Doucouré and Calvert-Lewin as they pull into space on the flanks looking for the long ball.

We can rule out the right back in the 1-5 mauling playing in the same position (game or club).

View attachment 187307

Will we have a better team today?
The Joel Veltman guy from the 4-1-win the same season seems a good and likely candidate to me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lads…it’s Dyche

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm just hoping we haven't bought a Ferrari and handed the keys to Stevie Wonder.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Hope everyone enjoys the trip. Apart from the f******s who've put up stickers on the train that read On The Charge with Farage over an Albion badge and, worse, a picture of Fab H raising a beer in a pose clearly intended to echo a Nazi salute. Superimposed on a German flag with BHAFC written in a fascist-style font 😡

Attachments

• be865da0-5807-45ef-a809-ceef35a310b3.jpeg
    be865da0-5807-45ef-a809-ceef35a310b3.jpeg
    366.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
For those of us going to the game…there will be a tribute to the late Kevin Campbell in the 9th minute. Let’s give the bloke a clap and seem like reasonable people.
To follow on, it seems that some Evertonians already think we’re reasonable people. This is a paragraph from the preview on Everton forum, Grand Old Team:

“Usually there’ll be some pantomime jibing of oppositions in previews I occasionally type but I like Brighton. Maybe influenced by the zen state I find myself returning to football in but Brighton are alright, and alright is desirable in a league of unfortunate scruffy try hards devoid of genuine wit or redeeming collective qualities. Brighton is a cool place with easy humans and that makes my job to cruelly typecast them all the harder. Their community came together to repel recent social unrests which was a pleasant change. It’s good to be alright, alright is definitely aspirational. It’s loads harder to be a prick than alright which is why I’m unforgiving on those who go to all that effort to be a prick to others. Just be alright. We have a word for it in our city and it’s a really super aspirational model, that word is “sound”. Being sound means you’re a good person and company. You’re amicable and dependable. You’ll have friends, kiss more of the people you want, have more doors of opportunity open if you’re just sound. And anyone can be sound, as not everyone can be the funniest, the hardest, the craziest, the best looking or shape, but anyone can be sound. And it’s really easy. I hope more and more people in my city and on this island choose to just be sound. Celebrate sound people. Not pricks, even if their output is sadly hard wired for rubber necking in how we communicate too often these days on social media. Well in Brighton, for being sound.”

It would be nice to collectively improve our attitude towards Liverpudlians too. I’ve spent quite a lot of time there and love the place. Thanks.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hope everyone enjoys the trip. Apart from the f******s who've put up stickers on the train that read On The Charge with Farage over an Albion badge and, worse, a picture of Fab H raising a beer in a pose clearly intended to echo a Nazi salute. Superimposed on a German flag with BHAFC written in a fascist-style font 😡

I hope you ripped it down. Farage's face and a BHAFC badge is not something I want to see together.

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Absolute ****s.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Interesting explanation of FH's tactics. I am now offically excited.

Watched that the other day. It's useful knowing what to look out for. How well the philosophy will translate to a quicker, stronger league is the question. Hopeful from his pronouncements so far that Hurzeler will adapt accordingly. He seems less dogmatic than De Zerbi.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here