Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Hope everyone enjoys the trip. Apart from the f******s who've put up stickers on the train that read On The Charge with Farage over an Albion badge and, worse, a picture of Fab H raising a beer in a pose clearly intended to echo a Nazi salute. Superimposed on a German flag with BHAFC written in a fascist-style font 😡
Usually I think clubs going after people for small petty things like using the club badge without permission is pretty despicable.
In this case I highly support tracking them down and banning them.
If they legitimately got tickets I expect you'd find them after checking names on social media.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Looks like we might set-up to beat the counterattack and perhaps not play quite as high. Hope so because that’s Dyche’s only way of playing. Certainly lacks some pace in the defensive third.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
To follow on, it seems that some Evertonians already think we’re reasonable people. This is a paragraph from the preview on Everton forum, Grand Old Team:

“Usually there’ll be some pantomime jibing of oppositions in previews I occasionally type but I like Brighton. Maybe influenced by the zen state I find myself returning to football in but Brighton are alright, and alright is desirable in a league of unfortunate scruffy try hards devoid of genuine wit or redeeming collective qualities. Brighton is a cool place with easy humans and that makes my job to cruelly typecast them all the harder. Their community came together to repel recent social unrests which was a pleasant change. It’s good to be alright, alright is definitely aspirational. It’s loads harder to be a prick than alright which is why I’m unforgiving on those who go to all that effort to be a prick to others. Just be alright. We have a word for it in our city and it’s a really super aspirational model, that word is “sound”. Being sound means you’re a good person and company. You’re amicable and dependable. You’ll have friends, kiss more of the people you want, have more doors of opportunity open if you’re just sound. And anyone can be sound, as not everyone can be the funniest, the hardest, the craziest, the best looking or shape, but anyone can be sound. And it’s really easy. I hope more and more people in my city and on this island choose to just be sound. Celebrate sound people. Not pricks, even if their output is sadly hard wired for rubber necking in how we communicate too often these days on social media. Well in Brighton, for being sound.”

It would be nice to collectively improve our attitude towards Liverpudlians too. I’ve spent quite a lot of time there and love the place. Thanks.
Agreed. Always loved it as a city and my son is at the Uni there too. And he loves it. Too many preconceived ideas about the place.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
ACD busy getting his loan sorted?

Gruda not quite ready.

Still 5 selections away from our potential best team:

———————Verbruggen———————
——-—JPvH——Wieffer—-Dunk————-
Kadıoğlu—-Rutter——-Pedro——Estupinan
—-March—-—-Welbeck——-Mitoma———

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports