Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton to lose Dan Gosling for FREE

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sounds like Kenwright was doing things old school.

Everton wanted Gosling to sign a new deal, with chairman Bill Kenwright making verbal offers but failing to put that in writing by the mid-May cut-off point.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unbelievable. I'd bet the chairman asked one of the admin staff to write him an offer and it was forgotten or similar.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They reckon they would have got 4 million at tribunal if he had gone to another premership club. Bit of an expensive error.

I bet his agents happy.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010

Attachments

• epic-fail-sports-fail-epic-forehead-weak-retard-demotivational-poster-1206344902.jpg
    epic-fail-sports-fail-epic-forehead-weak-retard-demotivational-poster-1206344902.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 881

They reckon they would have got 4 million at tribunal if he had gone to another premership club. Bit of an expensive error.

I bet his agents happy.

Unlikely. Tribunal fees normally reflect how much they've developed the player and the costs associated with that development, and they signed him from Plymouth about 3 years ago, so I'm not sure how much direct impact they could claim.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Get on it Gus

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Fair play to the lad if he wants to go, but I feel it would be a mistake.....another EGO footballer not using his head.

He's at a proper football club with a great manager in charge who brings out the best in all he has. Players like Gosling need an arm round them and slowly being brought into the fold.

I think he could be ruining his own future by his demands, mistake or no mistake by admin.

Going to Sunderland, West Ham or Newcastle would all be a massive step backwards career wise imho

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
This is exactly the sort of story this smilie was invented for.

:facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Everyon have slipped up big time, but the lad hasn't exactly covered himslef in glory here, has he?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Be interesting to see where he ends up. At least he's now got something to be famous for other than scoring in the Merseyside derby when ITV had cut to adverts (again).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cecil aint gonna be happy - but then this is the problem when tin pot clubs don't do things the correct way...

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
Fair play to the lad if he wants to go, but I feel it would be a mistake.....another EGO footballer not using his head.

He's at a proper football club with a great manager in charge who brings out the best in all he has. Players like Gosling need an arm round them and slowly being brought into the fold.

I think he could be ruining his own future by his demands, mistake or no mistake by admin.

Going to Sunderland, West Ham or Newcastle would all be a massive step backwards career wise imho

argeed a big step backwards, if he goes to a big 4 team he wont play and will end up on loan at a championship side by xmas. the lad should have used his head and signed a contract with Everton top club, top manager and a manager who knows how to look after young players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here