Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Everton to lose Dan Gosling for FREE

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is an example of a situation in life where everyone ends up losing.

Everton and Moyes are a club that give kids a chance. Hibbert, Vaughan, Rodwell, Osman are all examples of players who've come up through the ranks. It's almost as if being injured for a long time has made the lad think he should make whatever money he can from the game as quickly as possible.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I don't really understand what Gosling's done wrong

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't really understand what Gosling's done wrong

Let his contract run down, ignoring the [verbal] offer, so he could leave for free and trouser a hefty signing on fee elsewhere, STIFFING the club and manager who showed the faith to give him his chance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Let his contract run down, ignoring the [verbal] offer, so he could leave for free and trouser a hefty signing on fee elsewhere, STIFFING the club and manager who showed the faith to give him his chance.

This is what football's turning in to. Sounds almost Hammond esc to me...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

But if they were so depserate to keep him why didnt they get an offer in writing to him ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But if they were so depserate to keep him why didnt they get an offer in writing to him ?

The typewriter got nicked and it was the only one on merseyside...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm amazed. Paying a credit card bill or picking up a loaf of bread on the way home from work are things you FORGET, not sending a player a contract offer.

I'd love to know what Gosling's agents' role was in all of this. Isn't he meant to liaise with the club about this? These things normally take months.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I'm with Marshy on this (and I disagree with Marshy on most things). Anyone that works in administration in any industry will tell you that paper trails are very important - in my sector, if something isn't on paper, filed in triplicate, lost, found and signed by a authorised signatory it doesn't count.

Is there any evidence that Gosling deliberately kept quiet (a bit naughty). He might have found himself in a completely unanticipated situation and is rightly (in my opinion) considering his options.

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Cecil aint gonna be happy - but then this is the problem when tin pot clubs don't do things the correct way...

It would be a shame but I am not sure if he would ever have really broken through as a first team regular. We will never know now I guess.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gosling will go from hero to zero if he costs Everton £4mill. Money's one thing but why put that sort of pressure on yourself when you're coming back from injury and barely old enough to be shaving?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd love to know what Gosling's agents' role was in all of this. Isn't he meant to liaise with the club about this? These things normally take months.

Is there any evidence that Gosling deliberately kept quiet (a bit naughty). He might have found himself in a completely unanticipated situation and is rightly (in my opinion) considering his options.

This is the crux of it. It's not as if the player, or his agent, didn't KNOW they hadn't had the verbal offer in writing, as the clock ticked down. They COULD have chosen to point this out...

Wherever he chooses, he's not going to get a very pleasant welcome next time he bowls up at Goodison.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It would be a shame but I am not sure if he would ever have really broken through as a first team regular. We will never know now I guess.

I heard Gus has already been on the phone to him... And that dutch lad that keeps making mistakes at the WC...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm with Marshy on this (and I disagree with Marshy on most things). Anyone that works in administration in any industry will tell you that paper trails are very important - in my sector, if something isn't on paper, filed in triplicate, lost, found and signed by a authorised signatory it doesn't count.

Most things !.... you mean Capello and England ! thatsthe ony thing that really winds me up on here.

Anyway back to the point, Everton only have themselves to blame. There is no way Everton didnt realise that the days were counting down and a written formal offer had not been sent.

Something fishy here in my opinon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Gosling's giving Everton the bird.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Football will bite him on the arse, you reap what you sow!

EDITED: Due to spelling like a tw@t

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Most things !.... you mean Capello and England ! thatsthe ony thing that really winds me up on here.

Anyway back to the point, Everton only have themselves to blame. There is no way Everton didnt realise that the days were counting down and a written formal offer had not been sent.

Something fishy here in my opinon.

It does seem VERY strange.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Shame for the club. Hope he can build on his potential & become a first teamer somewhere. Could eventually do a job for England

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here