Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton fc

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
having missed only four top-flight seasons (1930–31, 1951–52, 1952–53 and 1953–54).

Another season in the Championship wouldn't hurt them, (Away to Millwall might)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hear they were a shade unlucky to be on the wrong side of that result today but make no mistake about it Frank Lampards Everton are in all kinds of trouble currently. Nobody wants to see one of the iconic English clubs get relegated but it happened to Villa a few years ago, it could happen to Everton. Their game against Newcastle at home next is absolutely huge because their fixture list after that until mid May makes you weep.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Whisper it but it’s almost like Lampard isn’t a great manager ...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Would be genuinely bizarre seeing Everton’s name in the championship, even more so than it was Villa.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whisper it but it’s almost like Lampard isn’t a great manager ...

Was a strange job for him to take as inpatient fans who won’t be happy unless you are top 7, mercenary players and a huge rebuild required. If he ends up taking Everton down or gets the sack that’s him done with any top half PL jobs.

Lampard was supposed to be the smart one but Rooney having the sense to turn it down does make you wonder

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Would be genuinely bizarre seeing Everton’s name in the championship, even more so than it was Villa.

Coventry felt much the same when they first dropped out Div 1
Been a few years now though
Not really comparable only spent 34 years in the top flight
Just looked them up

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Hear they were a shade unlucky to be on the wrong side of that result today but make no mistake about it Frank Lampards Everton are in all kinds of trouble currently. Nobody wants to see one of the iconic English clubs get relegated but it happened to Villa a few years ago, it could happen to Everton. Their game against Newcastle at home next is absolutely huge because their fixture list after that until mid May makes you weep.

Typo or spellchecker changing "every" to "no"?/

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Coventry felt much the same when they first dropped out Div 1
Been a few years now though
Not really comparable only spent 34 years in the top flight
Just looked them up

I find all of this interesting because I suspect most of us see clubs from top division when we first got into football as the big clubs. My view certainly is. Not about history. Bit sides that had a good run in top league when I was a kid.

Got into football c1987. So clubs currently not in prem that feel like they should be are forest, cov, Wednesday, qpr, Wimbledon and possibly even luton.

Teams in the prem who for me have no place there (based on child prejudice) are us, Brentford, wolves, Leics, Burnley, watford (Norwich are in because they were in my early football albums).

Re Leeds. They were a bit up and down. Amazing moment about 6 years ago when a lad who was 12 asked my best mate who he supported and when my mate said “Leeds” he said “no which big team?”

Yoda

English & European
And Coventry always seemed to be on the verge of relegation before they finally did go down. Bit different to Everton who have many seasons of mid table mediocrity to look back fondly on.

Remember Everton alternating between a relegation battle which they would survive on the last day or two and mid-table with the odd flirt with Europe (but never qualifying for it).

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Remember Everton alternating between a relegation battle which they would survive on the last day or two and mid-table with the odd flirt with Europe (but never qualifying for it).

As mainly grounded in 70’s and 80’s football, an Everton relegation would come close to Man Utd’s relegation in ‘74 for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here