Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever faced evil?

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
The thread on capital punishment, got me to thinking that in my work ive met some pretty nasty people but only once could i say that i have faced pure evil. In 1989 in a professional capacity i sat oposite serial killer Denis Nilsen for an hour. Never have i seen such empty souless eyes, in fact as eye contact was integral part of my work i can safely say that it was the most uncomfortable moment of my life. Have never forgotten it...brrrrr

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I came face to face with Ian Dowie at Gatwick airport earlier in the year.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
I used to work on Saturdays at Waitrose in Western Road, One of the guys there used to be the butt of peoples jokes as he had a short temper. Woke up one morining to hear on the national radio that he had mordered his mum and two young children she had been looking after. All because he had had a row with a girlkfriend.

Terrible............

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
at least i had the support of screws in the room, were you on your own with Dowie? awesome:ohmy:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
gwpdylan said:
at least i had the support of screws in the room, were you on your own with Dowie? awesome:ohmy:

It was in a departure lounge. Ruined my romantic weekend away. Frightened the girlfriend too.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I logged on to NSP once.

Never EVER again

Scarred for LIFE

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
gwpdylan said:
The thread on capital punishment, got me to thinking that in my work ive met some pretty nasty people but only once could i say that i have faced pure evil. In 1989 in a professional capacity i sat oposite serial killer Denis Nilsen for an hour. Never have i seen such empty souless eyes, in fact as eye contact was integral part of my work i can safely say that it was the most uncomfortable moment of my life. Have never forgotten it...brrrrr

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ruth.buddell/nilsen.htm

he was lonely, poor bloke... you should of just given him a big hug.

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Re: Re: Re: Ever faced evil?

NMH said:
Did she get her jugs out for you?

Sadly no. It was after she'd put them away and gone into "singing". She was making a pop video for one of her records, circa 1988. No idea which one as they all sound the same to me...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Mad Frankie Fraser asked to borrow my paper on a journey from Victoria - Brighton once.

The fact that he had slit people throats in the past had nothing to do with my decision to immediately close the paper and hand it to him :lolol:

Actually, forgetting his past, he came across as a nice guy, very small guy too!

He even handed the paper back to me at Brighton Station!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
No, I have never met Norman Baker.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I've sat in the Goldstone board room facing Archer and Bellotti.

You don't forget that sort of evil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here