Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever faced evil?

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
I've partied with evil (not that I knew it at the time). When I was about 6 or 7 I had a birthday party and as well as my friends, my mum invited the son of a friend of the family who lived in our road in Lancing. He was a couple of years older, and 10 or so years later on (mid-80's), he did in some old lady in the same street a few doros down form where we'd lived (thankfully we moved a few years before) ... shocker. **** cheated at "pin the tail on the donkey" as well, should've read the signs then!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
gwpdylan said:
The thread on capital punishment, got me to thinking that in my work ive met some pretty nasty people but only once could i say that i have faced pure evil. In 1989 in a professional capacity i sat oposite serial killer Denis Nilsen for an hour. Never have i seen such empty souless eyes, in fact as eye contact was integral part of my work i can safely say that it was the most uncomfortable moment of my life. Have never forgotten it...brrrrr

I spent 10 years of my life as a prison officer and worked mostly with long-termers and lifers.
I think that might answer your question,and some of the people I met were people that I would have a drink with.

D

Deleted User X18H

Perry Milkins said:
I used to work on Saturdays at Waitrose in Western Road, One of the guys there used to be the butt of peoples jokes as he had a short temper. Woke up one morining to hear on the national radio that he had mordered his mum and two young children she had been looking after. All because he had had a row with a girlkfriend.

Terrible............
I used to work there who was that then

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plenty of people do some pretty shit things, but I don't think it necessarily makes them inherently evil. Maybe circumstances have put them where they are, maybe they made one wrong decision in life etc. I used to know an old Chief Inspector who said in his entire 30 year police career, he only met one person (a fairly well known local child attempted-murderer/sex offender, let us just say) whom he found on meeting him to be completely evil.

I once had to sit and guard the cell of a guy qho was subsequently charged with murdering (and I think sexually assaulting) a female acquaintance. He was on 24 hour suicide watch.

I didn't know what I'd feel when I saw him, people have ideas about what murderers and rapists look like from the likes of Roy Whiting in the papers. But when I got there, all I saw was a confused and slightly overwhelmed young (ish) lad. He just wanted to talk to me about football and how many sugars wanted in his tea. He didn't seem calculating enough, bearing in mind what he was accused of.

I found it impossible to reconcile this image with what he was supposed to have done. Just goes to show, people aren't what you expect them to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here