Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ever been stabbed in the back at work?

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
Something happened to a mate of mine not so long ago and he very nearly lost everything.
It turns out that someone he had trusted at work was working behind the scenes to get at him and see him fail (for no clear or apparent reason!) What is the matter with people? :US:

Anybody have the same or similar thing happen?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yep. Rats are everywhere. Especially in Sales.

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
A lot of back stabbing has been going on at the Albion over the years, perhaps that's why we have spluttered rather than kicked on?

Watford zero, that's great by the way!

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
Dean Wilkins was stabbed in the back and so was Alan Kenworthy. I wonder how many others have gone the same way?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
him again, today

Attachments

• gordie.jpg
    gordie.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 745

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Michael Barrymore ?.. well more "round the back "

D

Deleted User X18H

Stabbed in the back at work? Yep but I MACHETED back.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, someone I worked for tried to get me moved to a different department at a location that he knew I didn't want to go to...he failed and I ended up being offered a position at a different site and somewhere that I was more than happy to move to...he did admit to me what he had tried to do at my leaving bash, at which point I wondered why I had bothered saving him from having his head kicked in a couple of months earlier!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Recently more and more often - since the Americans have arrived everyone is scurrying for cover and blaming everyone else on the way... some real shits in my office...one of them I know has attempted to blame me for something which wasn't of my doing, and still expects a lift home every night...

As much as I want revenge, people like that get their own in due course...

Albion overseas

Dec 12, 2008
I was told that Matt Hicks knows how to sharpen a knife and was instrumental in the departure of Wilkins, Kenworthy, Chapman etc - anyone know anymore about this? True?

D

Deleted User X18H

I was told that Matt Hicks knows how to sharpen a knife and was instrumental in the departure of Wilkins, Kenworthy, Chapman etc - anyone know anymore about this? True?

Oh gawd here we go again. Oh yeah as if!:facepalm:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Occupational hazard at work these days I am afraid just remember what Don Corleone said in the Godfather "keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer".

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Recently more and more often - since the Americans have arrived everyone is scurrying for cover and blaming everyone else on the way... some real shits in my office...one of them I know has attempted to blame me for something which wasn't of my doing, and still expects a lift home every night...

As much as I want revenge, people like that get their own in due course...

Indeed they do. A few years back working at Amex, I submitted a comprehensive document on the project I was working on to the project manager, who then slightly edited it and saved it and submitted it to the project sponsor as her own work.

Unfortunately for her, she hadn't noticed my habit of placing my name and date in the footer. The project sponsor did.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Indeed they do. A few years back working at Amex, I submitted a comprehensive document on the project I was working on to the project manager, who then slightly edited it and saved it and submitted it to the project sponsor as her own work.

Unfortunately for her, she hadn't noticed my habit of placing my name and date in the footer. The project sponsor did.

Excellent - makes the world ok when things like that happen!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Yep, It's why I ended up in Ireland where, luckily, I had a plot of land and a derelict house left to me.

A co director and an employed salesperson was keeping large sales between themselves outside of the company. Unfortunately the majority shareholders were a large firm of Chartered Accountants in Brighton who wanted to keep the whole thing quite as the company ended up trading insolvent.

It was the start of a few problems for me that have only been treated in the last year.

I have a long memory though and revenge will be sweet in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here