Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Ferguson who DESTROYED Newcastle, early last season, is a top level premier League striker. If he can get back to that level, he's comfortably our best number 9.

Welbeck has started the season really well, which is great, as it takes away any pressure to rush Evan. Once he is ready, I'd expect he and Welbeck to share the number 9, while Joao Pedro and Rutter share the number 10.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
The Ferguson who DESTROYED Newcastle, early last season, is a top level premier League striker. If he can get back to that level, he's comfortably our best number 9.

Welbeck has started the season really well, which is great, as it takes away any pressure to rush Evan. Once he is ready, I'd expect he and Welbeck to share the number 9, while Joao Pedro and Rutter share the number 10.
The performance the sticks in my head is the short spell he was on the pitch against Chelsea before he got injured (when we won 2-1 at their place). He looked unplayable.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I don’t know if it is my imagination but I don’t remember Pedro and Wellbeck playing together too many times last season? To me it seemed to be one or the other quite often subbed for each other. Maybe my memory is playing tricks (very likely) but that seems different this season so far meaning plenty of work for 4 strikers. Hope so. Injuries could have played a part, thinking about it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

spot on, And Julio in the mix :)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As soon as I read “Brighton are asking £70m..” I called bullshit. We are reactive not proactive on sales and never announce a fee up front
Yep, me too. We aren't asking anything. We're telling you, politely, to "do one". Then if you come in with an offer so totally thick that it can only be from Chelsea, we may accept.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Assuming Toney goes then it makes perfect sense for Evan to be loaned. He needs to prove himself at the highest level and we don’t have time to experiment with him.

For me, the jury is still out. But to be fair to the lad, we’ve perhaps not played to his strengths.
Evan couldn’t get on the pitch for a decent run out against Crawley.

Says to me that he’s surplus.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021

I suspect he was going to get some time, but the O'Riley injury changed things. He wouldn't have lasted 80+ minutes so O'Mahony comes on and effectively plays in his position.
Suspect Evan will be on the bench on Saturday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Absolute rubbish.

He hasn't played for months and has only just worked his way back. After seeing some of the Crawley "tackling" in that game, Hürzeler clearly didn't want to risk anybody important if he didn't have to. Hence (with respect) Peupion, Offiah and the rest came on. Estupiñan only got a run out as they wanted to give him some pitch time and because Samuels was having a horrendous time at LB.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Absolute rubbish.

He hasn't played for months and has only just worked his way back. After seeing some of the Crawley "tackling" in that game, Hürzeler clearly didn't want to risk anybody important if he didn't have to. Hence (with respect) Peupion, Offiah and the rest came on. Estupiñan only got a run out as they wanted to give him some pitch time and because Samuels was having a horrendous time at LB.
Bloody hell there’s some sensitive flowers on here. Yes, Williams should have been sent off, but by the second half we were in control much more and the game had settled. If he’s so fragile that he can’t handle twenty minutes of Crawley then he shouldn’t even be on the bench.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bloody hell there’s some sensitive flowers on here. Yes, Williams should have been sent off, but by the second half we were in control much more and the game had settled. If he’s so fragile that he can’t handle twenty minutes of Crawley then he shouldn’t even be on the bench.
If Ferguson had been subbed on and had got the two footer Ayari received at the end (plus a subsequent injury), I’d be asking some serious questions about Hürzeler’s judgement. This was not the match for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here