Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Got a 5 year contract he'll cost a huge amount.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
IMG_0642.jpeg

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The world record for an 18-year-old is £42m - Real Madrid paid that for Rodrygo last summer. £120m for Ferguson would treble the current record. It is a lot of money for a kid would is still learning his trade and anything can go wrong along the way.

Mbappe was 19 when PSG paid £125m plus another £30m in add-ons. Is Ferguson as good now as Mbappe was at 19? (and yes - I know there has been transfer inflation in the meantime).

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
The world record for an 18-year-old is £42m - Real Madrid paid that for Rodrygo last summer. £120m for Ferguson would treble the current record. It is a lot of money for a kid would is still learning his trade and anything can go wrong along the way.

Mbappe was 19 when PSG paid £125m plus another £30m in add-ons. Is Ferguson as good now as Mbappe was at 19? (and yes - I know there has been transfer inflation in the meantime).
You are thinking about it all wrong. Simply ask: do we want to sell him? Of course we don't so if anyone wants to buy him then it has to be a shockingly large amount. It is not too far fetched to suggest 100m at this time would not be accepted.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
You are thinking about it all wrong. Simply ask: do we want to sell him? Of course we don't so if anyone wants to buy him then it has to be a shockingly large amount. It is not too far fetched to suggest 100m at this time would not be accepted.
I don't think we'd accept £200m.

Whatever we're offered now, we'd get more later.

And also. The purpose of running a football club isn't just to make money.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’m sure we would look to keep him for a couple of seasons. We’re getting to the stage where we can make better choices over who we buy and sell because we don’t need the money at present. Bloom’s money making machine keeps being fine tuned and keeps on turning.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I don't think we'd accept £200m.

Whatever we're offered now, we'd get more later.

And also. The purpose of running a football club isn't just to make money.
Of course we wouldn't accept a mere £200 million this close to the transfer deadline.

Earlier in the summer the deal could have been done, but not now.

These monumental deals take weeks to negotiate - not 12 days unless price is really no object and £250 million, £300 million + is put on the table.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If there was a proceedable £200m offer today we would take it!
Madness to suggest otherwise.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
My elderly dad says he’s got the look of a Duncan Edwards about him. Trust me, he’s not overly free with his compliments.
So your dad has a high (and slightly weird) opinion of himself . What does he say about Ferguson though ?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
My elderly dad says he’s got the look of a Duncan Edwards about him. Trust me, he’s not overly free with his compliments.
A compliment and a half considering Bobby Charlton said Edwards was one of the best players he’d played with or against.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Ok a bit of a rework but here goes

Ooooh baby do you know what he’s worth

Evan Ferguson in a Brighton shirt

Scoring goals and wining games

Tony blooms has done it again

Ohhh Tony bloom has done it again

When the defence falls down

I wait for you, and you come around

And the world's alive

With the sound of crowd when you run through onside

When you arrive in the box

They pull you close, and you start to move

And we're spinnin' defenders with the stars above

And you lift me up in a wave of love

Ooooooh baby do you know what he’s worth…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here