Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
No.

It’s as simple as ‘he’s not for sale’ in this window.

And don’t try and flog us that Armstrong as a ready made replacement!
IMO Ferguson shouldn't go near Spurs - they are a hot mess at the moment and no one knows how Ange will pan out - but Brighton do operate on the basis that every player has his price.

As for Armstrong - he is far from a ready made replacement - but he is definitely one to keep an eye on.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
120m for an 18 year old who has played a dozen or so games is ridiculous.
I know its probably gossip but Why can't he just be left to get on and play football for now.(F off Lineker)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
He did on MOTD last Saturday and then again on his social media.

Personally, I'd rate the chances of Ferguson leaving within the next 2-3 years as being somewhere very close to zero.
He will definitely be gone in that time , if he keeps progressing.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No.

It’s as simple as ‘he’s not for sale’ in this window.

And don’t try and flog us that Armstrong as a ready made replacement!
Chris? A bit past his sell-by date now, no?

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I think next summer we are looking at Ferguson and Estupinan leaving as our two BIG sales. No way he goes this summer unless Spurs offer £250m with a 50% sell on clause!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Evan's dad will dictate when Evan leaves. Hopefully the dad is the son's agent, or has majority control over them
Evan's dad doesn't dictate to Evan - the kid is way too mature for his dad to take that approach. From a footballing perspective there is no way that Ferguson should leave. However, players do get injured and sometimes you have to give serious consideration to a big money offer - just in case. But to be honest - I don't think money has ever been a driving motive for either Evan or Barry.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We really are living in bizarre times almost entirely altered by Chelsea. Every club now seems both paranoid and utterly obsessed with youth. For half of the likely fee for an 18 year old who's played a handful of games you could buy a world class striker. It's nuts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Evan's dad doesn't dictate to Evan - the kid is way too mature for his dad to take that approach. From a footballing perspective there is no way that Ferguson should leave. However, players do get injured and sometimes you have to give serious consideration to a big money offer - just in case. But to be honest - I don't think money has ever been a driving motive for either Evan or Barry.
Pretty sure you're absolutely wrong on that score. But what do either of us know eh? :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He said that in a very jokingly way. He was laughing as he said it. I’d be surprised if we kept hold of Evan for 5 years. Funny how subsequent articles about that comment came out trying to make it seem like PB said that with any seriousness.
The only chances of Evan Ferguson still being here in FIVE years' time are:

1. He gets a big injury that massively stalls his career.

2. He doesn't develop further, and ends up not being nearly as good as people expect.

3. He's left us, failed, and come back again!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here