Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I feel like a lot have not read that Evans dad was a pro footballer who was let go at 22 from Coventry when they were good. Also reportedly not from a lack of hard work either. So he has family watching his back knowing how easy it can be to almost make it.
You are absolutely right of course but I feel a ‘lot have not read’ previous posts on a thread before posting generalised comments like this 😉 🙂

I get these long threads get really boring with the constant regurgitation of previous posts making the same points, so understand why people don’t have the inclination to read back but please don’t assume, because you haven’t read them, that posts haven’t been written or people haven’t read them!

Various links have been posted by others and myself (several times in fact!) on this thread relating to EF’s upbringing and his Dad’s career.

This I’ve posted several times too

Last edited:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He has many very positive attributes that a premier league striker would benefit from. However a quick brain, good feet and sensible decision making are essential in separating the good from the great.
Evan is on track and improving, his character will dictate when he is ready for bit part appearances and regular starting slots. Connolly wasn't lucky enough to step out of the fold and have someone else take the pressure off him but we have enough options now that Ferguson can be managed through accordingly as required

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
It will be interesting to see if we get some form of inverted selection with Welbeck & Trossard playing when they would normally be on the bench waiting to be super heroes replacing junior members. Depending on formation , if only one up front he has to give Undav some time. Might be better though to play Wellbeck and Undav to see how they might fit together.
You’re suggesting dropping Ferguson today after his performance on Tuesday for Undav after his performance at Charlton? Seriously?
RDZ will play his strongest side today, his reference to the Charlton game was great to hear, the guy is a winner and will not accept any approach which doesn’t have winning as it’s main objective.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You’re suggesting dropping Ferguson today after his performance on Tuesday for Undav after his performance at Charlton? Seriously?
RDZ will play his strongest side today, his reference to the Charlton game was great to hear, the guy is a winner and will not accept any approach which doesn’t have winning as it’s main objective.
I am suggesting that what the manager might do to protect and improve his squad. I am a great fan of Ferguson, saw him in the junior squads and thought he was very good. I have being saying he should be playing in first team for a while one of those if he is good enough he is old enough. So heart tells me play him , head says we need to give game time to Undav to see if there is any improvement and also need to get Welbeck back into first team playing. it would be brilliant if we could just play Ferguson from now on but not sure how wise that is but at the moment he is our first choice striker. One issue I have with RDZ is that his substitutions are strange or a bit late. So if Undav starts then depending on how well he does first half then you bring on Ferguson or Wellbeck. If we need goals its Ferguson. The manager makes the decisions though , if he is already thinking of moving Undav on then don't start him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunno why some are so desperate for him to play from now on.
If he does and keeps scoring he'll be gone in 6 months time. 🤡

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You are absolutely right of course but I feel a ‘lot have not read’ previous posts on a thread before posting generalised comments like this 😉 🙂

I get these long threads get really boring with the constant regurgitation of previous posts making the same points, so understand why people don’t have the inclination to read back but please don’t assume, because you haven’t read them, that posts haven’t been written or people haven’t read them!

Various links have been posted by others and myself (several times in fact!) on this thread relating to EF’s upbringing and his Dad’s career.

This I’ve posted several times too
Two excellent articles.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm a big fan, and this is just a small observation, before anyone gets on my back.

A bit disappointed that he didn't get a shot away with his left foot in the build up for our third goal today.

This is actually a common theme for a surprising amount of top class strikers. They appear to spurn chances when they could have got a shot away with their 'weaker' foot.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Lovely pass to March for his shot which lead to the first goal. If March had finished that, which he probably should have, then we’d be looking at 2 goals & 2 assists in 3 games

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Three good things from ‘slightly under the radar’ Ferguson against The Smog.

He was pretty central to our first 3 goals:

1. Goal one - provided what would have been a brilliant assist if March had been able to scoop the ball over their keeper.

2. Goal two - was there to poke the ball over the line had Lallana not been in the way.

3. Goal three - terrific run through the Boro back line and whilst he lost the ball, he created all sorts of havoc allowing sneaky Mac to take up a great position.

Pretty, pretty good in a game where he was not stand out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here