Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Evan Ferguson

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Ferguson has a lot to learn, and I'm sure would be better suited out of the lime light.
But the rest of the team play better with a focal point, occupying the opposition centre backs.
Think you are projecting a bit here - not sure the very physical 14 year old bulldozing Zouma would have agreed with that assessment- and not the player we have now 😉

60199DA2-845B-4F88-B7F6-5698720774BC.jpeg
11BD26BC-3F2E-447E-BEE1-46D6BDCBCE74.jpeg

Maybe people think we should loan him out to Chelsea to lift them out of their rut 😜

He doesn’t have to ‘lead’ a forward line - we have played 4-3-3 quite comfortably (often when DW has been out) and while Evan is the closest thing to a ‘natural 9’ that a player could be, he can and has played a 10 and an 11 also so there is room to build him into a starting line up on a regular basis without adding undue pressure on him.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Just how big is he? According to Google, he's 6'2" (fair enough) and 291lbs!!! Surely that's not true? He should be playing linebacker in the NFL.

I'm thinking somebody mistyped something somewhere and he's actually 191lbs? or maybe 192lbs?

View attachment 155456
The 6’2 seems about right and probably 12 or 13 stone I guess.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What ex Brighton player scored 2 goals on their PL debut at the age of 18 in 2014 ?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Hopefully Hull or somewhere can sort it out but he’s already a really bad investment (is he still on a £20,000 pw week contract?!)
Sorry quoting myself ☺ but now we will see - very fortunate tbh that Hull wanted him - hopefully it will give him a clean sheet to start over - with less pressure in a lower ranked team.

A good example of a player for whom the loan system can provide sensible and alternative options - ie where they haven’t found the ‘right’ fit yet.

( Not at all like EF who has 😁)

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just how big is he? According to Google, he's 6'2" (fair enough) and 291lbs!!! (almost 21 stone)
Crikey. He’s let himself go already. Had he had two sleeves done since Tuesday as well?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I feel like a lot have not read that Evans dad was a pro footballer who was let go at 22 from Coventry when they were good. Also reportedly not from a lack of hard work either. So he has family watching his back knowing how easy it can be to almost make it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The 6’2 seems about right and probably 12 or 13 stone I guess.
Probably weighs more. I'm 6ft almost 2 and weigh 13st 9lb (a couple of pounds overweight). That boy would knock me flying in a chase for a through ball.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They are all over this thread.
It might not be explicit but 'Rooney did it why can't Freguson' is all over the thread.

There's a reason why Rooney is always mentioned.
And a further reason why there's been so many 'next Wayne Rooney's' since.
No, 'they're' not - just no.

Really - just people pointing out why loans are not always the only way ahead, and giving examples to demonstrate the point. I've yet to see a post specifically saying, 'Ferguson is the next Rooney'. Have you?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably weighs more. I'm 6ft almost 2 and weigh 13st 9lb (a couple of pounds overweight). That boy would knock me flying in a chase for a through ball.
So? I'm 14 stone (unfortunately) but if he weighs less than that I'll bet more of his weight is muscle than mine is! Chase for a through ball (even if I could run)? No contest!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So? I'm 14 stone (unfortunately) but if he weighs less than that I'll bet more of his weight is muscle than mine is! Chase for a through ball (even if I could run)? No contest!
I was thinking that maybe he wouldn't need to bother with the shoulder charge. I wouldn't be near him. But he is 35 years younger than me.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was thinking that maybe he wouldn't need to bother with the shoulder charge. I wouldn't be near him. But he is 35 years younger than me.
Yes, but with our greater age and experience, perhaps we would just be able to position ourselves in the right place ...........

.....for him to knock us over as if we weren't even there!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well, I personally am convinced he is the real deal, and will be scoring on a regular basis in the PL from here on out. And in the CL next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, I personally am convinced he is the real deal, and will be scoring on a regular basis in the PL from here on out. And in the CL next season.
Finally, that's all I'm asking for, a dose of reality

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here