Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Semi Final - Netherlands vs England

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
That doesn’t mean the decision was wrong. Says more about the rules of the game. If that happens on the half way line it’s a foul and no one is bothered about that, but for some reason a lot of people think there is a higher threshold for a foul in the penalty area which isn’t true.
Well, it shouldn't be true, but very often is... according to the decisions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think a lot of people are downplaying/misunderstanding Netherlands' role in the second half being much duller. They looked shit scared of us and did everything they could to kill the game as a spectacle, as it was suiting us far more than them.

It will be interesting to see what Spain choose to do on Sunday. You'd think they'd want to get it won within 90 minutes - as they probably will, but we have shown unbelievable resilience so far in this tournament.

We have generally been a cockroach at Euro2024. Ugly as f*** but very, very hard to kill.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
EasyJet not cashing in at all 😮😮😮

IMG_8457.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A bit like the Father’s Day card my son wanted to get but his sister said no.

Kif you think this card is shit, wait until you see the care home’😂
My card from my daughter said 'In dog years you're dead'
It didn't say anything else

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Really nice to see Lewis Dunk finally get some time on the pitch too, albeit just celebrating Watkins' winner.
I almost don’t him to play now. Watching the final is going to stressful enough without the added anxiety. Not suggesting he would, but I couldn’t handle it if we lost through a Dunk error 🙈

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really nice to see Lewis Dunk finally get some time on the pitch too, albeit just celebrating Watkins' winner.
The first thing he did, on the final whistle, was to go over to Bart to console him, like a true skipper. Then he celebrated with his team.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I almost don’t him to play now. Watching the final is going to stressful enough without the added anxiety. Not suggesting he would, but I couldn’t handle it if we lost through a Dunk error 🙈
Short of a King Ralph-style tragedy at a team photocall, I can't see any scenario where Dunky gets to play.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Apologies if it’s been mentioned before and/or indeed I’m mistaken but have they done away with the (pathetic) countdown to kick off for the semi finals.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apologies if it’s been mentioned before and/or indeed I’m mistaken but have they done away with the (pathetic) countdown to kick off for the semi finals.

I imagine they've removed the countdown to kick off for the semi finals, now that they're over

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here