Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Round of 16 (England vs Slovakia & Spain vs Georgia)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Will be typical England to play like this for four games and squeeze through, then turn up and put in a performance in the next game, but go out to a dodgy penalty or red card with everyone saying how ‘when we play like that we are the best team in the world’ or worse still ‘Southgate should have another tournament’

I think a lot of the ex pros and media have now realised that Southgate is what is holding back England though. No manager has had the luck he has had with how the draw has gone in each tournament. On 90 mins I was very much expecting another Iceland and to see him managing Palace in a couple of years
Southgate will stick whatever happens, but actually the Slovakia manager should be getting the most criticism, putting everyone behind the ball and defending a 1-0 lead is a dangerous game, England were there for the taking, in extra time they started playing again and created chances, why didn't they go for the 2nd goal and kill us off?

If I was a Slovakian i'd be livid

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
And they're fat old gits and - northern - , so it's likely they won't get another chance to see England smash the Euros.
I would like to apologise to all northerners. I don't really mean it.
I'm just trying to wind up my wife, who is a northerner, and who has been known to read my posts on here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Southgate will stick whatever happens, but actually the Slovakia manager should be getting the most criticism, putting everyone behind the ball and defending a 1-0 lead is a dangerous game, England were there for the taking, in extra time they started playing again and created chances, why didn't they go for the 2nd goal and kill us off?

Needlessly negative? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Me too. What happened to my parents? How did I get dumped with these British people? Is my brother really my brother? Do I have other siblings?

So many questions

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North

Is Livid a Slovakian name? :p

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unforunately, hes now using the result to justify his tactics
And so he should. We won, that’s all we wanted. If we get beat by the Swiss then it’s down to Southgate- if we win it’s down to Southgate. Bottom line is, if we end up winning this thing, the first big prize since 66, then we won’t give a shit about how. We’ll just be happy with “England” engraved on the trophy.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Spain are everything we are not

Georgia are better than Slovakia I reckon but are being torn apart.

Lucky Gareth tho in the other side of draw

How did wee Billy’s mob beat this lot 😮

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do Georgian fans watch a lot of the Albion ? There's been a mass exodus in the 85th minute.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And so he should. We won, that’s all we wanted. If we get beat by the Swiss then it’s down to Southgate- if we win it’s down to Southgate. Bottom line is, if we end up winning this thing, the first big prize since 66, then we won’t give a shit about how. We’ll just be happy with “England” engraved on the trophy.
True enough, although most of us did want a performance to build confidence as well as just a win. We didn't get anywhere near that.

Equally if we don't beat the Swiss, it'll be a result that could easily have been predicted from all 4 poor performances so far.

Other than lucking out in another 3 games, sadly nothing that we've seen from England should pique any engraver's interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here