Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Round of 16 (England vs Slovakia & Spain vs Georgia)

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
SWEET CAROLINE :ascarf:
I’d rather listen to this
IMG_4350.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With Rodri and Williams playing, this must be the most Welsh-sounding Spain team ever
Is Gerard Leek-ué playing?

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Gareth Southgate: "I'm so proud of the players and the spirit the lads showed. Everybody we put into the game played a part and helped us get over the line. They are all pushing and helping each other and tonight, that made the difference."

On Jude Bellingham: "Fantastic. We were thinking should we take him off, but you know he is capable of those sorts of moments. We know in the game itself we needed to better with the ball, we couldn’t find the right solutions in the first half and we did it better in the second."

"Under that pressure they kept probing. In the end it is the old fashioned long throw that gets the goal, those moments can happen when you keep wearing a team down."

On Harry Kane: "He is an extraordinary goal scorer, he is leading the team so well. He has been exceptional as a captain keeping the ship steady."

"He has been through it before and nights like tonight are which the younger ones will refer back to as that is what happens in tournaments."

"I had a funny feeling the game wasn't dead and I know that sounds ridiculous. We were pushing and probing."

"Ultimately it is the one we have thrown in the box that got us the goal."

On Jude Bellingham's sublime goal: "With 15 minutes to go you wonder if he is out on his feet. Him and Harry Kane produce those moments and that is why you don't makes changes when people are clamouring for more changes. We had enough attacking players on the pitch."

"We felt that Bukayo [Saka] at left-back gave us an extra attacking outlet. It is a good option to have. I have to say the courage shown by the players was fantastic tonight."

On the quarter-final against Switzerland being his 100th match in charge of England: "That's neither here nor there. We haven't come to get to a quarter-final but to get through a night like tonight was fantastic character and we now play a Swiss team that have been very good. We have a couple of days to recover and get ready for them."

"We lose Marc Guehi for the next game and we have a few days to recover as that has taken everything, but what a lift for the players."

“I had belief we would get a goal. The boys that came on, Ivan (Toney) played a big part – he was disgusted at me putting him on at that moment (94th minute when England trailed 1-0)."

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
May I suggest we adapt this instead;

O Carolina jump and prowl!

Yeah, players like Foden, Walker, Stones and Bellingham will never win anything :rolleyes:

The problem with England, is the FA.
Oh so by that logic does that make Grealish the best player in the world too then?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
England will win the tournament now in Germany and become champions. The dream team of Michael 'Bully Boy' Smith and Luke 'Cool Hand' Humphries were just too good for Austria in Frankfurt in the final tonight.

NSC viewer

Apr 26, 2022
Will be typical England to play like this for four games and squeeze through, then turn up and put in a performance in the next game, but go out to a dodgy penalty or red card with everyone saying how ‘when we play like that we are the best team in the world’ or worse still ‘Southgate should have another tournament’

I think a lot of the ex pros and media have now realised that Southgate is what is holding back England though. No manager has had the luck he has had with how the draw has gone in each tournament. On 90 mins I was very much expecting another Iceland and to see him managing Palace in a couple of years

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Gareth Southgate: "I'm so proud of the players and the spirit the lads showed. Everybody we put into the game played a part and helped us get over the line. They are all pushing and helping each other and tonight, that made the difference."

On Jude Bellingham: "Fantastic. We were thinking should we take him off, but you know he is capable of those sorts of moments. We know in the game itself we needed to better with the ball, we couldn’t find the right solutions in the first half and we did it better in the second."

"Under that pressure they kept probing. In the end it is the old fashioned long throw that gets the goal, those moments can happen when you keep wearing a team down."

On Harry Kane: "He is an extraordinary goal scorer, he is leading the team so well. He has been exceptional as a captain keeping the ship steady."

"He has been through it before and nights like tonight are which the younger ones will refer back to as that is what happens in tournaments."

"I had a funny feeling the game wasn't dead and I know that sounds ridiculous. We were pushing and probing."

"Ultimately it is the one we have thrown in the box that got us the goal."

On Jude Bellingham's sublime goal: "With 15 minutes to go you wonder if he is out on his feet. Him and Harry Kane produce those moments and that is why you don't makes changes when people are clamouring for more changes. We had enough attacking players on the pitch."

"We felt that Bukayo [Saka] at left-back gave us an extra attacking outlet. It is a good option to have. I have to say the courage shown by the players was fantastic tonight."

On the quarter-final against Switzerland being his 100th match in charge of England: "That's neither here nor there. We haven't come to get to a quarter-final but to get through a night like tonight was fantastic character and we now play a Swiss team that have been very good. We have a couple of days to recover and get ready for them."

"We lose Marc Guehi for the next game and we have a few days to recover as that has taken everything, but what a lift for the players."

“I had belief we would get a goal. The boys that came on, Ivan (Toney) played a big part – he was disgusted at me putting him on at that moment (94th minute when England trailed 1-0)."
He hasnt learnt a thing

Woah that little Napoli fella is a genius, shades of what happened to England (or didn’t happen with the long shot just missing).

Spain are very De Zerbi ball, a nice reminder what we were like when we could pick wingers who could actually run

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here