Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Quarter Finals (England vs Switzerland, Netherlands vs Turkey)

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
MATCH ONE

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭
17:00 on BBC
Düsseldorf Arena

MATCH TWO

Netherlands 🇳🇱 vs Turkey 🇹🇷
20:00 on ITV
Olympiastadion Berlin

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
I’m in Malmo for a couple of days (Ooh, look at me). I know Sweden isn’t going to get over-excited about the Euros but I’m struggling to find a bar showing any game this evening. Any NSCers with any advice? Thanks.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’m in Malmo for a couple of days (Ooh, look at me). I know Sweden isn’t going to get over-excited about the Euros but I’m struggling to find a bar showing any game this evening. Any NSCers with any advice? Thanks.

Look alike there are a few Irish pubs in close proximity. Surely, at least one of them is showing it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If you google Malmo Sports Bars there’s tonnes.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Welcome home, @jcdenton08. :thumbsup:

Oh bloody 'eck, I'm nervous. I just so want Gareth's 100th match as England boss to be a winning one with a bit of sexy football thrown in. But at least he's lasted longer than Rishi. If we play badly I won't be on here. I just hope the mental barrier of Switzerland never getting past a quarter final gets inside the Swiss heads. o_O

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Or, failing that, carry on being jammy.

If that won us the Euros, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But watching our great players get outplayed and beaten by a decent side will be soul destroying. We deserve so much better.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Please Gareth, prove us all wrong. Prove that you're actually an astute tactician and that you have plan A and B.
why do we need a plan A and a plan B?

Spain don't have different 'plans' they just play the same way

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
If that won us the Euros, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But watching our great players get outplayed and beaten by a decent side will be soul destroying. We deserve so much better.
We deserve absolutely f*** all with a manager whose starting gambit is score early and then sit back and try not to concede

I am actually quite surprised that the players don’t take things into their own hands and just play like they do for their clubs, you know try and score and when they do keep trying to score and not revert to looking as shaky as a shitting dog. :smile:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
We’re much better than these. There’s not a single player of theirs, other than maybe Xhaka and Akanji, I’d take in our squad let alone starting 11. Accept nothing less than a win today and confidence we’ll get it. Come on lads, time to arrive at the tournament today

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We deserve absolutely f*** all with a manager whose starting gambit is score early and then sit back and try not to concede

I am actually quite surprised that the players don’t take things into their own hands and just play like they do for their clubs, you know try and score and when they do keep trying to score and not revert to looking as shaky as a shitting dog. :smile:
so you prefer we don't score early?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

But I'm not talking about what a team managed by Southgate deserves, I'm talking about what a country with our footballing talent deserves.

I am actually quite surprised that the players don’t take things into their own hands and just play like they do for their clubs

Because each player doing what they individually think works best is a recipe for disaster. The players have to all trust in the manager and do what he says for it to work. Unfortunately, we have a shit manager, so we're on a hiding to nothing.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
so you prefer we don't score early?
Did I say that? I am pissed off that when we do score early we then revert to trying not to concede. If you think that’s the way to play your call, but it does not win tournaments as we have found out in the last two :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

If plan A always works, you don't really need a plan B. Our plan A generally doesn't work, so we need a plan B.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Welcome home, @jcdenton08. :thumbsup:

Oh bloody 'eck, I'm nervous. I just so want Gareth's 100th match as England boss to be a winning one with a bit of sexy football thrown in. But at least he's lasted longer than Rishi. If we play badly I won't be on here. I just hope the mental barrier of Switzerland never getting past a quarter final gets inside the Swiss heads. o_O
Thank you sir!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We’re much better than these. There’s not a single player of theirs, other than maybe Xhaka and Akanji, I’d take in our squad let alone starting 11. Accept nothing less than a win today and confidence we’ll get it. Come on lads, time to arrive at the tournament today
Er…..Have you not seen how these two nations have performed in this tournament?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Spain’s plan B is to make plan A work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here