Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euros 2024 - Matchday 10

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shame they went out. Looks like their fans have been very popular. Incredible that it has been 12 tournaments now.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Armstrong jumped into the path of the defender deliberately to initiate contact, for me it is obvious from his body movement sideways instead of running onto the ball to shoot. When contact happened Armstrong wrestled the defender to the floor and appealed. Never a penalty.
Exactly how I saw it. He actually made a double move with his back leg to plant it where it would get contact.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When they’ll write another tedious folk song about it.
That would be a shame. Some of the real ones (not Flower of Scotland|) were Scottish sob stories - but as my Scottish best friend said, when we were winning over tough audiences playing round Edinburgh and the borders in the 1970s and I introduced one such song as, 'yet another Scottish sob story' - and his riposte was 'Aye, and there's plenty mair where that came fra!'.

It actually went down quite well!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Shame they went out. Looks like their fans have been very popular. Incredible that it has been 12 tournaments now.
I don’t think it’s a shame they went out personally, I think it was inevitable as they were a poor side playing at a level which far exceeded their ability. It wasn’t exactly like they were robbed across the three games…

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Count yourself lucky. You could be Scottish. Or worse, you could be @Tom Hark Preston Park, who to be fair, is being conspicuous by his absence.

THPP, think positively. At least you're not English, and are obliged to share your collective national misery with 55 million others.
No complaints here, I've seen about a dozen movies in this franchise and they always end the same. Can't fault the application, but the quality hasn't really been there for Scotland in this tournament. And the lack of urgency for the first 80 minutes tonight didn't help. Oh well.
C'mon ABE! :clap:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't agree about the penalty. Armstrong is yanking at his shirt. Umpire's call. No-one is mentioning it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here